Needing Friends 50 and over

Options
Hi Im new just joined this week Would love to have friends to support and support me on my weight loss journey Just turned 50 Ihave struggled with weight all my life But I am now at my largest and really want to be happier and healthy again :) Im married Have 3 beautiful grown children and now time to think about me Happy to make new friends on this Jornery :)

Replies

• morticiamom
    morticiamom Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I'm 53, and a lifelong 'chunker' too, except for a few times after severe dieting, but those never lasted long. I'm looking to make the change permanent this time. Friend request being sent.
  • padisneyfour
    padisneyfour Posts: 220
    Options
    HI! I just turned 50 this week. I have been on MFP since late March and and really liking the site! I make it a point to log in everyday> I have two daughters one will be starting her third year of college and one just graduated high school and will go to college this fall I . decided its mine time now too! feel free to add me!
  • sunfirelynn
    sunfirelynn Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 51 if you want to add me you can :-)
  • ckone4me
    ckone4me Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am 52 so feel free to add meee..... ! Lol
  • NightMagic5
    NightMagic5 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 58 & am definitely looking for motivational friends over 50. The first month I was here I lost 8 pounds & then later on gained 5 back --- kind of a yo-yo dieter. I'm not quitting though. If you don't quit you eventually get to the end. You can add me as a friend it you need more motivation.
  • Donna6017
    Donna6017 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 in February. Feel free to add me. :smile:
  • Liongoddess
    Liongoddess Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'll turn 56 this month. I can always use more friends and support.
  • emmietoby
    emmietoby Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    hi!! i'm not 50 . i'm 61 years young would that be ok!?
  • Deb23455
    Deb23455 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I just turned 57 and have been on MFP since mid-June. I had a couple slimmer years but mostly I've been heavy forever
    I've lost 28 pounds since the first of the year, with another 45 pounds to go!
    This is the first I have made and have no idea how this works!
    Deb
  • Ksh1055
    Ksh1055 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I just saw this post and thought I'd take a moment to respond. I am 58 and will be 59 in October. I was sleeved on 2/5/14 and learn more and more about post op experiences everyday when I log into MFP. However, individuals aged 50+ may experience a whole set of different obstacles just due to our age (i.e., inability to lose weight, medication issues, skin elasticity, mobility, energy, etc.).

I would love to be friends.
  • bluejeans56
    Options
    Hi, I am 57 and need friends also, to make this journey . Feel free to add me as well.
  • dlb777
    dlb777 Posts: 13
    Options
    Sent friend requests to all on this thread ... We in the over 50 crowd have our unique issues. For instance, if you look at the diet diaries of some of our younger friends here, many of their food choices are banned by our doctors due to hypertension, cholesterol, etc.
  • sylvialivin
    sylvialivin Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi over 50 and ready to comit to this journey !
    Friend me
    Also haven't added any pic as I am over fifty and can't figure out the I-pad photo upload

:-)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Will be 50 in October! You can do this!
  • lmckinster
    Options
    Hi Vanessa
    My name is Lori & I am 55 & also have 3 grown children. My goal is to loose 20lbs by Christmas. I just started this journey this week. So far I have lost 3.5 lbs, by doing Beachbody's 3 Day Refresh. I am starting Chalean Johnson's 7 Day Diet Challenge on Monday. I don't think my problem is eating the wrong foods, but I do have a motivation problem with working out. I am hoping to find some people to help me stay motivated & keep me accountable to a workout plan. I am going to start my workouts with Beachbody's 21 Day Fix workout program & walking my dog "Zoe" one mile everyday. Wish me luck as I wish you the best too.
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I have dieted most my adult life! I have lost a ton and gained a ton and a half! Well not quite but it seems that way! Losing wt over 50 is much more difficult! This time I have to keep it off!
  • walk757
    walk757 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I am 57 and always looking for new MFP friends. Want to get fit and stay fit. Feel free to add me.
  • soyasee
    soyasee Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just turned 56 last week, is that too old? :-)
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Hi! I turned 50 last month. I have been using MFP for 2 1/2 years and it has helped me change my life for the better! Feel free to add me! =)
  • toadg53
    toadg53 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 60. Have been on MFP for a year now. Anybody can add me if they'd like.