Just started tonight...

Options
Hi Everyone..

I just wanted to introduce myself, as this is my first night starting.

In the past two years or more, I have joined Weight Watcher's, South Beach Diet, and most recently E-Diets. I am not putting any of them down, as I have finally learned what the right foods are to eat... However, I just feel since I've been on all of these programs that I have not had complete control over me for some reason.

It seems with the Fitness Pal program that I can not only eat the right things, but that I will also be able to control how much I eat by adding my caloric intake daily, which will give me that sense of empowerment that I feel I need...

Anyway, I am starting fresh again and ready to begin... I already work out 3 or more days a week and eat great, too, but now this will finally give me the last piece of the puzzle that was missing by counting what I eat...

Thanks for listening. Best wishes to all...

Sandy

Replies

• ds021503
    ds021503 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone..

I just wanted to introduce myself, as this is my first night starting.

In the past two years or more, I have joined Weight Watcher's, South Beach Diet, and most recently E-Diets. I am not putting any of them down, as I have finally learned what the right foods are to eat... However, I just feel since I've been on all of these programs that I have not had complete control over me for some reason.

It seems with the Fitness Pal program that I can not only eat the right things, but that I will also be able to control how much I eat by adding my caloric intake daily, which will give me that sense of empowerment that I feel I need...

Anyway, I am starting fresh again and ready to begin... I already work out 3 or more days a week and eat great, too, but now this will finally give me the last piece of the puzzle that was missing by counting what I eat...

Thanks for listening. Best wishes to all...

Sandy
  • GrnEyz
    GrnEyz Posts: 360
    Options
    Good for you! I used to belong to weight watchers, and actually did a research project studying each diet program in depth. I think out of all of them WW is the best because it DOES teach you to eat the right things and all about portions. I love this site, I agree with you that it does kind of give you a sense of having a littie bit more control.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • stschulz
    stschulz Posts: 340
    Options
    I did WW before too and next to counting calories it is the best and healthiest way to loose weight.
    This site is great because you can really track anything, not only calories but also carbs, protein et cetera.

Good luck Sandy
  • neome90
    neome90 Posts: 420
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello and welcome to mfp. It has really made a difference for me in my life. Glad to have you here. Best wishes to you on your goals.
  • cnolovechild
    cnolovechild Posts: 179
    Options
    Welcome to the community! I'm sort of new here too; only been here a couple of weeks so far, but I'm loving it more each day! I'm find myself excited about logging on each day to record my diet and exercize. I'm so proud to know that whatever weight I lose...I'M the one who is in control of it and that it's a healthy weightloss. Well wishes to you and remember to have fun! :wink:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    welcome6ld.gif
  • apt84
    apt84 Posts: 24
    Options
    Welcome to the club... i was struggling to opt for weight watchers or slimming world and then left tht cuz thought i could save that money and use it for somthg better and useful..Glad i made tht choice and am sure u'l b glad too for choosin fitnesspal.. good luck
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Howdy there and welcome to MFP!
  • ds021503
    ds021503 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. Best to you all...
  • lslough
    lslough Posts: 32
    Options
    Welcome!