Things that are so much better/easier

Options
I want to know what things you LOVE doing now that you couldn't do before. The little things and the big things. Lets talk about activities! Lets talk about crossing our legs, or hugging our knees. Lets talk about shopping! Lets talk about sex! I want to loose weight so that I can enjoy the things I enjoy now, even more. And I'd like to know what things are easier and even more fun now that you have lost the weight. Because honestly, I'm only just beginning on this journey and I want a little motivation!

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    wearing strapless dresses and .... sex.
  • trackercasey76
    trackercasey76 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Sex is night and day difference!! The small things like roller coasters, and simply walking are awesome too!
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Well, I don't know about the sex ( it's been years), but I like having more strength and stamina for the work I have to do around the farm, and I like looking better. Other than that my life is no different than it was 21 lbs. ago.
  • clarinetmajor
    clarinetmajor Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    LOL I'm not shy, my sex life is the #1 reason I am motivated to loose weight.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Lifting and moving heavy stuff. So nice not having to bother people to move stuff for me. Wearing shorts and a bathing suit in the summer are nice too.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Dancing is more enjoyable. I like to make it shake and now I can or at least kind of make it shake. One goal kind of completed.
  • clarinetmajor
    Options
    I dance all the time! Latin, Ballroom, and Swing! Wow, if it makes dancing more fun that would be amazing because I already have so much fun when I dance! But you know, I am too self conscious to "let it shake" because it is so big right now!
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I have a lap now. That's better.
    I was able to drive a jet ski, because I was able to fit in to a life jacket. Better.
    I signed up for Scuba lessons, and will be going on a kayaking trip. Better.
    Standing around is easier, MOVING is easier. Dancing is easier.
    All kinds of adventures are easier & better, YAY!
  • SillaWinchester
    SillaWinchester Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Just starting (well, re-starting) my journey! I'm excited to wear shorts without being concerned if anyone else sees the cellulite. I want to wear tank tops and dresses without being concerned over my arm flab. I want to look straight down and see my toes instead of my belly. I want people to look at me and see my as a determined girl who worked hard to get to where she is.
  • HeidiCooksSupper
    HeidiCooksSupper Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    Cutting my toenails without getting short of breath from my belly getting in the way. TMI?
  • takuwinds
    takuwinds Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Watch a movie in a theater and not have to side arm rest digging into my hips
  • erinlibke
    erinlibke Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    shopping! and sex! and shopping for sexy stuff!
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Oh, also I have a tattoo on my foot. I noticed recently that when I looked down in the shower I could see the whole tattoo. I could only see maybe 1/4 an inch of it before.
  • murdledoe
    murdledoe Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    When I first started exercising I was only doing 15 minutes do to a heart problem and now I am doing 40 min., sometimes twice a day and walking 1-3 miles 2-3 times per week. I go to the cardiologist once a month. My goal is to have 5 pounds off every time I go. I have given up fast food, sweet tea and creamer and I feel so much better.
  • Prismapencils
    Options
    Doing weird body weight exercises in a dressing room to pass the time waiting on a friend instead of hating myself and sulking in front of a mirror. (confidence as well as a boredom killer) I think one of the things I like most is that I'm more observant of little changes in my body--in other words, being more in tune with the way my body changes from day to day. For example, some days I can tell approximately how much I weigh just by looking in a mirror. I can tell when I'm retaining water or when I genuinely didn't have such a clean eating night about one-two days before. I can tell when I'm more exhausted than usual or more alert--when I can absorb new concepts more easily. I also know when to forgive myself when I'm feeling less up to par than usual. I can tell when my balance is off slightly. I can tell what part of my uterine cycle I'm on just by looking in the mirror and feeling my own sensations. I think I tend to look better when I'm ovulating. I know this is really strange--so please forgive the TMI, but I find that really empowering for some reason. Before, I viewed my body as more of a vehicle to carry my brain from point A to point B than something that really deserves some TLC.

Less weird things that I find easier/more fun:
    -pushups
    -rows
    -jogging (I was always told and told myself that I would never be able to run.)
    -squats don't kill my thighs anymore!!!

Another thing I like (that sort've goes with the confidence thing, but also serves as motivation) is when people start calling me skinny or when they ask if I work out. I've only had this happen twice, but it made me feel so great that it spurns me on!
  • russbittles
    Options
    I have been celibate for over 4 years, by choice. I'm ready to start moving in the direction of an intimate relationship. However, in the past 4 years, I went from 195 to 225. I'd like to get down to 185 with nice muscle tone, and a svelte, masculine build. I want to be attractive for my potential mate, and I want to FEEL attractive, for the confidence to talk to attractive women. I don't have the confidence right now, but I'm working on it!

Since I've lost 20 lbs, 10 of them before starting MFP, I've gained the ability to enjoy the town I live in, Paradise, CA. I can walk outside, in the heat, smell the forest, breathe the air, and truly enjoy nature. I can fit into my clothes better. I can eat good food, without feeling like I need to eat three plates of it. I'm not sure where I'll end up, but I'm enjoying the ride!
  • goer0701
    goer0701 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It truly is the little things that make things better. I've lost 88 lbs total and it's made a world of difference.

I used to avoid stairs because I didn't want to be out of breath, and now I don't think twice before running up a flight.
    I waited in line with my friends for a rollercoaster ride once, and when I tried getting in it was such a struggle to get strapped that I almost didn't get to ride - that's no longer an issue.
    Strangers making comments like, "You're a runner, aren't you?" ... never EVER thought I'd see the day that would happen.
    Being able to shop for clothes in normal stores is amazing as well.
  • jenna808
    jenna808 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Being able to lift heavy objects, feeling stronger, empowered, and way more confident. Shopping, dancing, going out in general. Not getting winded going up all the stairs at my workplace. I don't have to take a rest playing sports with my friends anymore. All kinds of fun stuff, the list could go on and on. And yes, the sex life is better too ;)
  • clarinetmajor
    Options
    I can't wait! I am excited for things to be easier, especially the things that I already love to do. Thanks to everyone for all of the great input. You have all mentioned some things that I hadn't even considered! Like going on roller coaster rides. I love them, but have avoided them for years because I'm not sure I would fit. I'm going to add this as a weight loss reward! I think that is a great idea!

Just to give you background on why I specifically mentioned sex: I have an amazing boyfriend and everything about our relationship is easy and good. We have fun in the sack, but because of the way we are built, and specifically because of my flabby stomach, things are sometimes difficult and some positions are impossible. That is why I specifically mentioned this, because I am wondering how much fun I am missing by being this size as opposed to a more normal size. And then, I wanted some feedback that would make me that much more excited to reach a normal weight so I can have even more fun in the sack!
  • grdaze
    grdaze Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Walking up the stairs. Looking down and seeing the floor. Looking good in a sleeveless top. SHOPPING - oh my god, the clothes are so CUTE at this size!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!