Compression clothes for plus size?

Options
Has anyone used (and loved) compression pants for the very plus size? Apparently in the compression pants, I'm about a 3x, which is impossible to find. The 2x fit me, but the waist squeezes so tight, there's no way I can run withstand that.
Just looking for feedback from people :) I have a mud-type 5k and I want to wear compression under clothes.

Replies

• kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You mean like spanx? I <3 spanx.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    Their great but it depends how you are wearing it.
  • CollegiateGrief
    CollegiateGrief Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I got some great compression pants at Old Navy. I'm ususally a 3X too, but their 2X in the store fit me. They also have plus sizes online, so you could order them from the website.
  • Pinkkfrost
    Pinkkfrost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I got some great compression pants at Old Navy. I'm ususally a 3X too, but their 2X in the store fit me. They also have plus sizes online, so you could order them from the website.

^ THIS!!! Thaaaaank Yoooooou!!!!
  • prissybunny
    prissybunny Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    check jcpenny scene them in the store on sunday, in plus section.
  • yokleigh
    yokleigh Posts: 23
    Options
    If you have a Walmart close by they have them men's department. I bought one to wear while swimming.
  • lilandDame143
    Options
    I am about a size 20 in clothes and I use the compression pants from Old Navy in a XL or Even L and I looooove them. Not sure what size you are but Old Navy stuff runs big I highly recommend them. : ) hope this was helpful
  • Pinkkfrost
    Pinkkfrost Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am about a size 20 in clothes and I use the compression pants from Old Navy in a XL or Even L and I looooove them. Not sure what size you are but Old Navy stuff runs big I highly recommend them. : ) hope this was helpful
    This is very spot on! I'm a size 18/20, soooo happy I wrote this post.
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i get mine at academy sports. they have plus sizes cause i usually get an xl or xxl
  • Grankakes
    Grankakes Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    i call it my spandex. and since my thighs rub together so bad - i wear them EVERY DAY!!!! i coudln't survive without them. i've been wearing them for years!!!!!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    I use compression shorts from these folks: http://www.aerotechdesigns.com/

They don't have plus sizes for women, but they do for men. I don't know what the difference would be between the two.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    pregnancy PANTS?? WITH STRETCHY WAIST??
  • julesassid
    julesassid Posts: 49
    Options
    Old Navy for sure - their compression pants are amazing - and come in all sizes. Not to mention, you can afford more than one pair.
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    Compression pants are thin pants made from elasticized fabric, usually a lycra blend, designed to provide the legs with support for a variety of situations. These pants, like other compression garments including shorts and socks, are tight fitting to provide support, while still allowing air to flow between the body and the material. There are several uses for these garments, most often for sports medicine and recovery.

In sports such as track, football or baseball, in which injury to a leg muscle can easily occur, compression pants are often worn under player uniforms to support the leg muscles and to help prevent injury or further damage to an existing muscle injury. For added protection, they may be worn regularly by athletes who have experienced recurring injuries to the same muscle or group of muscles.

Compression pants are also used in post-operative healing. When surgery affecting both legs, such as liposuction, is performed, these pants are often provided to the patient to help support the legs and maintain proper blood circulation while healing. They and other compression garments provided for post-operative healing may be different than those worn for sports, so do not attempt to substitute garments. Medical compression pants are designed to be worn for extended periods of time and to provide the right amount of support to the right areas of the body.
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    IDK
  • melindasuefritz
    Options
    U CAN ORDER ONLINE FROM AMAZON.COM
  • NewSky2013
    Options
    The Spanx is good... They also have the compression garment that I wear it's really helping my stomach, especially when exercising...