Snack Ideas ?

Options
I need some low calorie snack ideas that will keep me from the chips and sweets. I have a deskjob so I would like something that I can put in a baggie and eat throughout the day. I eat fruits and veggies throughout the day but I get cravings that they don't fulfill. Any suggestions?

Replies

• explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Maybe some flavored granola? I have a really good pumpkin granola that's super delicious, and just a little sweet. 100 calories for 30 grams! That usually does the trick for me.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    That sounds good. I didn't realize there were different types of granola like that (i.e. pumpkin). Thanks!
  • avskk
    avskk Posts: 1,789 Member
    Options
    I like popcorn chips and salsa -- you get quite a lot for very few calories, and it's delicious. I also love sweet corn kernels, frozen or fresh. Mini rice cakes with some ranch dip (1/4cup lowfat cottage cheese, 1tsp ranch dip powder; blend together well and add water for the consistency you like) are pretty good, too.
  • ChunckyDiva687
    Options
    I like popcorn , granola, some pb on celery (kinda plain), almonds, some 100 calorie snack packs, also some pb on wheat bread, and fruit, or greek yogurt.
  • spottedkathy
    spottedkathy Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Thanks for reply. Question: How did you add that box to your profile that says how many pounds lost?
  • FITIsTheNewPINK
    Options
    Edamame is yummy and high protein, plus you can dry roast it for a crunchy, salty snack. Popcorn and rice cakes are good options, too.
  • adrylong
    adrylong Posts: 29
    Options
    Baby carrots with hummus or peanut butter (I like the Jif To Go pods).
  • ThinLizzie0802
    ThinLizzie0802 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    Special K chips, sweet potato and brown rice Triscuits, Laughing Cow Cheese wedges, Emerald nuts packets ( I love vanilla almonds)
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    I snack on fruit mostly... natural sugar usually curbs my sweet tooth.
  • ElBence
    ElBence Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Vegetables in Greek yogurt onion dip.
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I love apple slices with peanut butter. I usually bring a greek yogurt with me for a snack at work. String cheese isn;'t bad either.
  • acceber88
    acceber88 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Go and get a selection of nuts, seeds and dried fruit and get making your own mixes. Have a play with the flavours and textures. You could always add a few dark chocolate drops if you want a bit of "naughty".