Scheduled breast augmentation surgery / ? for lifters

Options
jzammetti
jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
I have a question for anyone who has already had this surgery and lifts weights...

My placement will be sub-muscular and that means I have to lay off the heavy lifting for a while. My question is how long did it take you before you could bench press again? Also, will barbell back squats be a problem too?

Replies

• dannimonti75
    Options
    Hurt like hell for about 4 days then after about 4 months I was able to do a push up!.. For chest press it was about 6-8 months. Sorry probably not what you wanted to hear but its the truth... Lived it in Dec 2010.
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I had mine done 9 years ago and I still don't bench. I tried it a few times in Crossfit and it felt funny - I do other things for chest like pullups and pushups but nothing that directly targets the chest muscles. You'll have to lay off upper body for a good 2-3 months, maybe more.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! I know I will have to lay off for a while and I am ok with that...just wanted to see other people's experiences. My surgeon has done sub muscular placement on competitive lifters before and is confident that I will be able to resume all my lifting routines, but in time (just wasn't sure how long because everyone is different).
  • dannimonti75
    Options
    Mine was under the muscle as well. Give yourself six months and you will be good to go:)