I'm so happy I've lost weight because ___________

Options
grdaze
grdaze Posts: 195 Member
fill in the blank!

I'm so happy I've lost weight because clothes shopping is fun again!

(I can go into a clothing store and actually try on the cute clothes in the misses section instead of being relegated to the ugly old lady prints in muumuu shape. I felt so triumphant walking past the dowdy clothes to try on something trendy)

Replies

• JessicaPasieka
    JessicaPasieka Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I've lost weight because I can confidently look at myself in the mirror for the first time.
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I've lost weight because I feel so much better.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    ...I am not freaked out by full-length mirrors or candid photographs like I used to be.
  • missmidge84
    missmidge84 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    It's helped me realize how f'ing awesome I am.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    It's helped me realize how f'ing awesome I am.

QFT.

I'm also so happy I've lost weight simply because now I don't have to lose weight anymore. One thing off the to-do list :)
  • kaydeedoubleu1
    kaydeedoubleu1 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    i feel so much more confident in every facet of my life-i feel like for once, i am just as good and just as worthy as anybody else.
    I feel healthy, light, and feel like what I have achieved is something to be proud of, and that my parents are proud of me (yes, their approval does mean alot).
  • veraperezp
    Options
    I'm so happy I've lost weight because my back no longer hurts, my knees don't groan, I don't run out of breath just moving around and I have dropped pant sizes twice in the last three months.

Yup, happy is accurate.
  • jakkisr
    jakkisr Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    i feel lean and strong and walk with a spring in my step! I got my sparkle back!
  • Cindyinpg
    Cindyinpg Posts: 3,902 Member
    Options
    1. I can move without going, "Ouch, ouch, ouch," from a sore back, stiff joints, cramped lungs etc.
    2. I can get down into a squat and get up again without something nearby to climb on.
    3. I can walk my dogs for hours instead of just a few minutes.
    4. I don't have to run from cameras and mirrors anymore.
    5. I no longer have to worry about seeing old acquaintances and ex boyfriends, who only knew me as being thin and seeing their shock at my weight gain.
    6. Nothing chafes anywhere.
    7. I can shop in ANY store.
    8. I consider myself a healthy and fit person now and am making new friends.
    9. I am no longer making the local convenience store rich.
    10. I can paint my toenails.
    11. I realized I don't need a bigger bathtub after all.
    12. People come to me for advice on losing weight and I have it to share.
    13. I can participate in sports.
    14. I can fit on any adult ride at the fair.
    15. Sportchek has become my favourite store, not 7-11.
    16. I take more pleasure from new runners and fitness classes than I do from cooking and eating.
    17. I feel 20 years younger.
    18. Statistically I added years to my life.
    19. I get excited about the thought of running a 5k or starting a new fitness routine.
    20. My outside is starting to match how I feel inside: fit, healthy and happy!
  • naterciarodrigues58
    naterciarodrigues58 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    SEX GOT EVEN BETTER :D
  • MainahGirl
    MainahGirl Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    My list of happiness is over a mile long! Happiness is just the beginning! :)
  • gert_lush_em
    gert_lush_em Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    5. I no longer have to worry about seeing old acquaintances and ex boyfriends, who only knew me as being thin and seeing their shock at my weight gain.

Omg, this is how I feel too! I still have a long way to go but already I feel a little less terrified about people I used to know judging me for how big I had gotten! Can't tell you the amount of things I have backed out of as I was too scared of being judged!
  • beautifulctb
    beautifulctb Posts: 100
    Options
    My lower back doesn't hurt anymore, I don't get winded going up my stairs, and I'm just feeling better.
  • eazy_
    eazy_ Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I'll report back when I have something to add. I want this to be in my list of things I replied to.

I am still fat, just not as fat. I hate it.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I've lost weight because ___________
    I feel better
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,719 Member
    Options
    Clothes for the workplace are so cheap now that I don't need bespoke suits.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    The weight loss is nice...but really, I'm happy that I'm now healthy and down to 2 medications from 7 and I'm more fit than I've been in years. The weigh loss is just a bi-product of good livin' and living a fitness oriented and nutritionally driven lifestyle.
  • spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I can walk into the snobby stores and walk out without some snide remark about "not fitting into anything" from the clerks.
    37434958 Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I feel awesome!
  • chrome_princess
    chrome_princess Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I can walk into the snobby stores and walk out without some snide remark about "not fitting into anything" from the clerks.

^This is my goal. :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!