Crazy Hunger...not sure what to make of it

Options
That has to be THE worst title for a thread.

I have been upping my calories over the last few weeks, since I hit an early plateau, I had an inkling 1200 cals was not enough for me. So now I am at 1500, and I eat back exercise cals. I started losing again, even though it is small (about .5 to .75 lbs/week average), i am happy with that. I am not in a time crunch. :)

I don't know what the heck is going on, the last two days, I have been ravenous ALL DAY. I noticed I start getting hungry about an hour after the last time I ate. At an hour and a half, i go ahead and have my planned snack, for fear of eating my own arm. Yesterday, I felt woozy/upset stomach before dinner, because it was more than an hour and half from my afternoon snack, and I felt like I was STARVING.
I have been exercising lighter, and in fact, took last two days off.

Anyone got any similar experience? Am I crazy?

Replies

• MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    Options
    Forgot to mention, I used to be an u"under eater" /soda drinker.
    I no longer drink any soda.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    When I was upping my calories to maintenance I actually was hungrier and hungrier. It leveled off after about a week or so at maintenance. It's a hormone thing when you start re-feeding your body.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    When I was upping my calories to maintenance I actually was hungrier and hungrier. It leveled off after about a week or so at maintenance. It's a hormone thing when you start re-feeding your body.

^^This. After a week or so, you should start seeing your appetite return to normal. I also was an undereater, actually I had disordered eating and was eating aroun 500 cals a day. When I increased, it amazed me how much hungrier I was eating more than when I was eating virtually nothing! Constant hunger, all...day..long... Each time I got to a certain calorie level for over a week I would be ok, then come time to up my calories again and I was ravenous.

Now I adjusted back down to 1400 plus exercise cals and my hunger levels are back to normal and I am losing again. Good luck, and just be patient!
  • parker146
    parker146 Posts: 4
    Options
    Suggestion (based on experience) - push through - it'll pass.

Also, I find 'the crazy hungry' is hormonal or something. For me it has to do with my monthly cycle. I'm ravenously hungry a few days before the period. I must eat chocolate, the day before the period. The upside is that during the period, I'm not hungry.

Is this TMI? Sorry - I've just been surprised over an over by this and feel I finally nailed the 'trend.'
  • MistyEE
    MistyEE Posts: 67
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the replies, I was second guessing myself, as usual. It is such a big help to hear others' experiences for me. I will keep going, and see how it goes. :)

And parker146, at this place in life, I appreciate ALL the info, even TMI. :)