Fed up of being the FAT sister!! healthy me DAY two!

Options
Hey, my name is Emily, i'm 26 and fat. BUT(a big butt-HA!) I'm ready to change it. I've always been the bigger of my siblings(3 brothers and 3 sisters) I've had active jobs and sedentry jobs but always stayed a constant fatty! my biggest problem is not eating enough(!) especially of the right food and eating too late of an evening. I've taken advice from my younger sister(she's lean and a proper gym bunny! LOL) so it's 5 small meals 2-3 hours apart, calorie counting and getting myself into gear!
Not joining a gym yet(mostly money issues-recently lost my job!,but also confidence issue!) I've already managed to burn lots of calories just gardening(heavy gardening work! 8.5 hours worth over the last two days!!)
I'm aiming for bike rides at least 3 times a week, will walk/jog(run-eventually) a couple of times a week too!
FINGER'S CROSSED I CAN SAY GOODBYE TO THE FATPIE!! :D
wish me luck!!

Replies

• lilco
    lilco Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily! Welcome to MFP and good luck!! One thing I would suggest adding some people as friends. I find it really helps me to see other people post on my news feed and feel inspired! There's a ton of really positive and supportive people on here and I always like getting comments on my newsfeed.

I actually know exactly how you feel, I feel like I've always been the fat sister. My sister has never had issues staying thin no matter what she eats. I was up to 220+lbs at my highest and when I got a more active job I lost about 30 pounds. I started MFP last year but really got into it last month to help encourage myself to track what I eat, eat clean foods and exercise 4-5 days a week.

I've also been aiming to bike 3x a week, and I love it. I'm already seeing results on the scale, and I feel amazing everytime I reach my goals. There's a ton of great suggestions and support on these boards and I wish you the best in your journey. :)
  • scrapping_jess
    scrapping_jess Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily!

I feel your pain of being the "fat sibling". I have also decided recently that enough is enough and I need to change it! Good luck in your journey! Feel free to send me a friend request- maybe we can help keep each other motivated & on target!
  • S_Roman
    S_Roman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey Emily add me
  • S_Roman
    S_Roman Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have almost lose 100 lbs. Just changing my eating habits. I too can relate to the bigger sibling
  • wildrose53
    wildrose53 Posts: 1,342 Member
    Options
    I am also the fat sister, although I am starting to see a change in my body. My youngest sister had her son 3 months ago and has already run a half marathon and did a mud run last weekend. If she can do it, there's no reason I can't! Please feel free to add me. We can all use some encouragement.
  • Cindymop
    Cindymop Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily! I understand being the fatter sibling...for 49 years I was always the biggest out of the 4 of us! Well NO Longer! I am now no longer considered overweight and my siblings are beside themselves for it! It's a great feeling and I hope you get to experience it real soon. It will be worth all the workouts, runs, food preparations, etc. Just keep in mind that you are doing this for yourself not your siblings. It will just be an added benefit.

Sending a FR and will be happy to help you stay motivated.

Good luck for a happy healthy you!
    :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • emilyc_1987
    emilyc_1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! Glad I've made some friends already! hopefully we can all support eachother and get fit & healthy! wooo!
    I'm excited!
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I have two sisters, one younger and one older and they both are smaller than me. It's frustrating, and I am also sick of hearing "you would be so pretty, if you just lost the weight" UGH. This time I am going to, but I know that I have always been pretty, inside and out. I want to feel as pretty on the outside as I am on the inside!! Good luck!! Add me for support if you would like :)
  • Koloss_Kelsier
    Options
    Welcome, welcome!!! You don't need luck! You have already made the biggest step in joining this excellent community. I have been and left 3 times now, but this time I think I have found the best people to help keep my *kitten* in line. You can do this. Definitely feel free to add me if you would like! I have 160ish to lose, so I will be here for a little while. Remember to have fun with this, and things will all fall into place. That is what I am working at! Have a great day :)
  • mdhummel
    mdhummel Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Fed up as well! My two younger sisters are so skinny and they never workout or diet!!! I've been on a diet since I was in elementary school. I know I'll never be a size 2, but I'd like to at least get down to a size 6.
  • sherriwedel
    sherriwedel Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    another fat sister here! have always stood in the middle of the other two in sister pics so their skinny selves could hide part of me...sad but true. just started about 2 weeks ago, new to all of this but could use & return motivation! :) down 4 pounds & 6 inches so far!
  • emilyc_1987
    emilyc_1987 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I think we will all do great with such a huge support network! I'm already feeling totally motivated!! :D
  • wyldflowrr_6
    Options
    I used to be the skinnier sibling until my sister lost over 120 pounds. Tag, I'm it lol
    All joking aside, I'm proud of my sister & she's inspired me to lose my extra weight. My goal is 134 lost & so far 46 is gone :)
  • parker146
    parker146 Posts: 4
    Options
    I was always the fat sister too! Now I'm in the middle and I'm gunning for skinny Minnie. Good Luck and send me a friend request. I'm new too. :)
  • AnnR999
    AnnR999 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hello to you from a fat older sibling. You will be glad you joined MFP as this is a very supportive community and good buddies will push you to challenge yourself. Feel free to add me and good luck in your journey.
  • lilco
    lilco Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate! I have two sisters, one younger and one older and they both are smaller than me. It's frustrating, and I am also sick of hearing "you would be so pretty, if you just lost the weight" UGH. This time I am going to, but I know that I have always been pretty, inside and out. I want to feel as pretty on the outside as I am on the inside!! Good luck!! Add me for support if you would like :)
    I HATE when people say "You'd be pretty if you lost weight", I'm like excuse me?? I know that I am beautiful no matter what weight I am. Luckily I have loving and supportive people in my life who do tell me I'm beautiful, so it's easier to ignore the dummies :P
  • xLoveLexi
    xLoveLexi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    AH! I am 'the fat sister' too! I have one sister and a female cousin, and I'm the biggest and the oldest of the two. So frustrating. They don't even exercise or eat well and they are still thinner than I am, but that will change. I'll become not just thin, but lean and strong. And then they'll be the fat ones xD Feel free to add me<3
  • Smashleylord
    Options
    Oh my gosh! I have people who come into where i work and ask me how far along i am.. i'm not pregnant!