Jillian Michaels

Rachickidee
Rachickidee Posts: 1,632 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So I love Jillian Michaels workout movies. They are so hard core and I feel great after I do them. I have a couple of questions for anyone who feels like answering.

1. What is your favorite Jillian workout? And why?
2. Does anyone know how many calories are burned doing these workouts, and how to document them here?

Thanks.

Replies

• laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    I love the "30 Day Shred" because I can do one level at a time or mix it up and do more than one to get a more intense workout. I usually burn about 225-250 cals per each level, according to my HRM. A lot of people document that one under "circuit training, general".
  • st27
    st27 Posts: 101
    I LOVE all of her dvd's. I love Yoga Meltdown. I love it because she adds high reps movements and she does it in sets. I burn 248-347 calories. Not bad for Yoga.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    I love the Shred. I like Yoga Meltdown - loved that one until I got Bob's 4-dvd set and I am completely and hopelessly in love with HIS yoga dvd (to the point I have to make myself do other more cardio-based dvds on occasion - otherwise I'd be running 3 days a week and Yoga for the Warrior-ing 3 days a week).

Overall I think my fave Jillian dvd is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It's got a lot of the same moves that you find in the 30 Day Shred along with kickboxing moves. Definitely one of my faves!
  • I only have/done the 30 day shred it is very similar to the boot camp that I am doing at the gym, I don't know how many caliores I burn during the work out though, but I do know it is hard to track accuratly.
  • I just got the 30 Day Shred and plan on officially starting September 1st! I have done a couple of "test runs" on leven 1 and I have to admit, it's a little challenging. Definitely looking forward to it though and can't wait to see the results! :)
  • Rachickidee
    I love all of them. But I really like how I feel after doing the No More Trouble Zones. I always feel sore in all the right places. :) Thanks for the comments.
  • Rachickidee
    :happy:
  • Rachickidee
    I love the Shred. I like Yoga Meltdown - loved that one until I got Bob's 4-dvd set and I am completely and hopelessly in love with HIS yoga dvd (to the point I have to make myself do other more cardio-based dvds on occasion - otherwise I'd be running 3 days a week and Yoga for the Warrior-ing 3 days a week).

Overall I think my fave Jillian dvd is Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. It's got a lot of the same moves that you find in the 30 Day Shred along with kickboxing moves. Definitely one of my faves!

Bob's? Is that the name of it? I love yoga. I should check it out. Thanks.
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    I only have 2 - 30 Day Shred and No More Trouble Zones. Shred it great for a "short" workout. Trouble Zones is twice as long so twice as hard. It uses alot of the same mores in the Shred workout. Either way she kicks my butt!! I don't know about anyone else but I only burn about 180 when I do the Shred -I wore my HRM a few times but don't do it any more. I did Trouble Zones today after work and the soreness is just starting to sink in :-)
  • kairbair003
    kairbair003 Posts: 1 Member
    I ordered the 30 day shred and I'm expecting it to show up in my mailbox any day now...I have to admit I'm a little scared! Very much looking forward to it though. How many days were you all sore when you first started?
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    I did shred and still do NMTZ and BFBM.
    My first week of shred I was so completely sore, everywhere. Then each time you move up a level I was sore for a couple of days. But you learn to love it ;-) (Then hate it, I never want to do shred again)
    I'd say 200-250 cals for shred is about right and for NMTZ and BFBM it really depends on hard you push and how often you do them. I found that sometimes I burn 350 cals on NMTZ one day then 450 on another day. The only truly accurate way to know is getting a HRM.
This discussion has been closed.