Last Meal

Options
13»

Replies

• leebesstoad
    leebesstoad Posts: 1,186 Member
    Options
    I'd start off with a nice salad with the original blue cheese dressing recipe from the Chart House restaurants (what they serve now isn't what it was like back in the old days. I have that recipe and have made it many times.).

Next would be the Chicken and Dumplings from my favorite soul food restaurant in town.

Then fried chicken using the recipe from the Wolf Trap cookbook from many years ago. It has more spices than the colonel's. Add in some mashed potatoes, real cream gravy, and real green beans which have been cooked in ham hocks and peppered hog jowls for at least 24 hours.

And for dessert, chocolate meringue pie.

(yeah, I'm a southern boy. At least raised by southern ladies who raised me to eat like that).
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    For me, It would have to be a proper Homecooked roast dinner, Preferably leg of lamb.
    Followed by anything with chocolate, lots and lots of chocolate.
  • believe22
    believe22 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Anyone else hungry yet? I just noticed I was eating my styrofoam cup.

I am!

I'd want nachos, a soft pretzel w/ cheese sauce, a Caesar salad, a cheeseburger.. a big cheeseburger, baked macaroni & cheese, lemon squares, brownie trifle, homemade choco chip cookies.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Hmm... It's my last meal, I might as well be picky.

To start:
    A huge bowl of fresh fruit (raspberries, blueberries, strawberries, bananas, peaches, apples, etc...)
    Hot green tea with spearmint

Dinner:
    Grilled wild Alaskan king salmon with lemon, butter sauce, and capers
    Wild rice
    Steamed broccoli, green beans, spinach, and kale

Dessert:
    Vanilla bean ice cream
    Strawberry rhubarb crisp with oatmeal topping
    Dark chocolate squares

Oh, and wine. Lots of wine. I don't even want to be conscious at the end.
  • broox80
    broox80 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    pb&j

b/c i'm allergic to peanuts and fck you!

**note to the mods: my last statement is not directed towards anyone in the thread, but rather would be my reasoning for my choice.
    haha!!! love the disclaimer!!!
  • jus_in_bello
    jus_in_bello Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    pb&j

b/c i'm allergic to peanuts and fck you!

**note to the mods: my last statement is not directed towards anyone in the thread, but rather would be my reasoning for my choice.

Yup. I'd load up on gluten laden deliciousness. Then I'd eat some plums. Because that's what I'm allergic to.
  • jeromykaplan
    jeromykaplan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    That gave me a great idea, someone should do a documentary on inmates on death row, the title should be "Last Meal"
  • ntjelmeland
    ntjelmeland Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    McRib sandwich and Shamrock shake. Must be delivered same day.
  • JeremiahStone
    JeremiahStone Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    one chocolate cake with a hacksaw in it