5'2" 138 pounds, anyone similar?

Options
13»

Replies

• sc10985
    sc10985 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    5'1" here, started at 158, down to 139. THRILLED to see the 130s lol. My original goal weight was 130 but I changed it to 125 since my weight loss has been going so well. I started March 5th and had a month long plateau in May. Mfp has me set to 1260 calories for a 1lb a week loss. I eat back half my exercise cals and have been steadily losing 1-1.5 lbs a week :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    i was 142 lbs when i started it ( 5.2 as well) and now 117lbs. i never hit my goal of 115, it's been 6 months of not being about to get to goal ( but 1.5 years to lose it in general) so i am just maintaining and trying to lose body fat!
  • thisisiamj
    thisisiamj Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    5'3 and 139. Goal is 115-125 -- large range, but I will reassess when I get closer. Scale is slowly but surely moving in the right direction. I eat clean 80% of the time and workout 4-5x a week for 45 - 75 mins.
  • Desisveg
    Desisveg Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Me! I'm 5'2 135-140 used to average 115
  • Mjnslce
    Mjnslce Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    hi, I am 5'2 right now I am 170 :( goal of 125. I started at 191 so I'm getting there. I power walk 2 miles every day do a strength training 3-5 times a week and keep my calorie intake around 1200. I have been loosing right around 2 lb a week. Add me I can use the support! Thanks!
  • KardioKim
    KardioKim Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Ladies, add me! I'm 5 foot and around 135.

I was at 101 a couple of years ago, with the help of Jillian's 30 day shred and a major focus on calories.

Age makes it more difficult to lose but I'm going to do it.

I am back with Jillian again - on day 9.

Anyway, I'd love to give/get support.
  • mistywneal
    mistywneal Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 2.5" my eight is at 170-172. I'm 42 and its been steadily going up for years now and can't seem to get it to go in reverse. I need to lose about 50lbs be about my ideal weight. I would be happy with 125 at this point. Any help would be great.

Thanks.
  • nspink22
    nspink22 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • megganxrose
    megganxrose Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    5'1", about 147. I gained about ten pounds from the birth control I'm on, and I'm so frustrated it's hard for me to even get started again.

However before this ridiculous weight gain I was stuck at 138 for two+ months of 2 hour long work outs and staying within my macros. So frustrating. That's the only word I can use, lol.

I completely understand. I've been on and off birth control over the years. When I'm off, my weight is fine, but when I'm back on, I gain about 10 pounds, which is where I've picked up my last 10. There are people who will claim birth control doesn't make you gain weight, but in my experience of being both on and off, there is a distinct correlation between the two. It also seems much harder for me to lose while I'm on the pill. It sucks :(

I've actually never had the pill cause weight gain and I've been on it since I was 11. I got the Mirena in February though and I've gained insane weight! That's the only downside to it though, so I refuse to take it out. So annoying.
  • juliegrey1
    juliegrey1 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Im 5 ft 2 and 155 lbs and I would be doing somersaults of joy if I was 138 lbs!!!!
  • LvLite
    LvLite Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" & 136.. Patience is very hard!!! It is coming off so slow and would love to see some faster results.. but i'm going to give it another month before I hire a trainer. Was loosing about a 1lb a week. For me, I have to be really careful on the counts and esp. carbs.. I swell up so fast even with Gluten free it is ridiculous (however I have a medical condition so edema is a part of my life, sometimes more than others)
  • autumnghost
    Options
    I'm 5'2 and 200lbs (hides face in shame) so I want to lose around 100lbs. patients is VERY hard, and i have a major sweet tooth, and am at uni which means self control is something im seriously lacking :/ but we'll all reach our goal weight if we just keep trying :D
  • Daniglam91
    Daniglam91 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I am 5'3" and with eating habits and laziness I have been between 135-143lbs. Everyone swears that I am skinny but someone our height should be around 115-124lbs.
  • nspink22
    Options
    Ok, so I posted this less than a year ago and since then have fallen off the wagon. I was working a stressful job and let my diet get out of control and hardly worked out. I got all the way up to 151. I've started exercising and logging my food and have lost 3 pounds so far in about 3 weeks.

Does anyone have any advice to get back at it or to help speed my weight loss along?
  • nspink22
    Options
    BUMP
  • sheerinmarie
    Options
    I am 5 ft and weight about 138 lbs. What is MFP?
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I am 5 ft and weight about 138 lbs. What is MFP?

MFP= My Fitness Pal
  • maria_antoinette
    maria_antoinette Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    yes.. 5'4" 131 lbs.. been like this for a million years.. i lost all the MAJOR weight a long time ago.. 1200-1500 calories a day to maintain this.... would love to lose 5 more. it seems impossible however since i have been trying for over 10 years now.. lol... so i am just stuck in this weight WHICH IS FINE.. but it would be ICING ON THE CAKE (LOL) if i could find a way to lose a little more.. not because of the scale.. because i am short and its the difference between my clothese feeling tight or loose :) !.. so i am on this forum now to see if i can get insight on people like me.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2.5" and maintaining at around 135. I am happy with my current weight although I should work on muscle definition. When I started trying to lose weight 2 years ago, I weighed 201 and was a size 18 XL. I'm now wearing size 2 jeans and small shirts. I got here by eating less and moving more. I ride my bicycle and run. My maintenance calories appear to be around 1400. I eat back some of my exercise calories.
  • katkins73
    katkins73 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft1 and around 157lbs. My game is 1200 cals plus exercise cals and I burn around 400 a day so eat around 1600. My exercise of choice is walking and Jillian Michaels dvds!