Favorite healthy baking recipes and/or blogs?

Options
Maliberri
Maliberri Posts: 59
Got nothing to do today and in a baking mood lol so who wants to share some recipes?

Replies

• abaker1018
    Options
    I love hotmoodymess.com. Click on "The Food" to see vegetarian and vegan recipes. :)
  • KaltieEm
    KaltieEm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    These are fantastic! I like to use 2 cups of flour and 0.5 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut, plus add 2 TBS of semi-sweet mini chocolate chips. http://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/100-whole-wheat-blueberry-muffins-recipe

Haven't tried these yet but I definitely will: http://pinterest.com/pin/251779435390425715/

I also found this recipe somewhere on MFP, but don't remember where exactly:

Oatmeal blueberry muffins
    These sugar-free muffins are a very filling and super tasty (and I mean, even in relation to regular muffins!). It makes 12 dense small/medium (they're fist-sized) muffins that are ~92 calories each. They are absolutely wonderful after being refrigerated over night and are great as an guilt-free on the go breakfast or snack.

Ingredients:
    2 & 1/2 Cups of Quick Oats
    1 Cup of blueberries
    2 Egg whites
    1 Teaspoon Baking powder
    1 Mashed Banana
    3 Tablespoons of Splenda, Stevia or no calorie sugar substitute (optional*)
    ~1/2 Cup of Water (I usually eyeball it, but the batter should be thicker than molasses or the muffins will be a bit soggy in the middle when finished baking)

Put the quick oats into a blender/food processor and blend until it develops a flour-like consistency. Add the rest of the ingredients except for the blueberries and continue to mix. When the batter is done, stir in the blueberries with a spoon (I prefer to keep the blueberries whole as they give the muffins more volume) and then pour the mixture into a muffin tin with muffin liners. Bake at 355°F for 35 minutes and then allow the muffins cool for 20 minutes before eating.
  • susieqday
    susieqday Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Emily Bites and Slender Kitchen are two great blogs!
  • PheonixRizing
    PheonixRizing Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    fatfreevegan.com
  • jbennington13
    jbennington13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Chocolate covered Katie has an awesome healthy dessert blog. Just google chocolate covered Katie :)