New here (newly commited anyway)

Options
vmpera
vmpera Posts: 8 Member
Hi All, looking for friends on here to motivate me and to help motivate. I have been on and off with this until I finally got on that scale the other day and realized I have gained 35lbs since I last really weighed myself (6 yrs ago!!!)

Replies

• ScousePatriot
    Options
    35lbs in 6 years isn't really that bad, I had a really bad spell and gained 56lbs in 2 years, I'm now in the process of losing it again. This place seems to have a lot of supportive people so it shouldn't be too hard to drop those extra pounds
  • vmpera
    Options
    That is what I am hoping...so far I am impressed and the more people "watching"...the better I will do!! ;-) Best of luck to you!!!
  • Runhard13
    Runhard13 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!! Six years since your weigh in? Do the math and that's about a half a pound a month over six years which isn't as bad as it could be so your diet cant be a total train wreck. Looking forward to following your progress!!
  • LizAnn925
    LizAnn925 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    It could be much, much worse that a little over 30 pounds, so don't worry! It can be easy to do if you don't check your weight weekly, or at least monthly. But it's okay, you are here and motivated! Remember, everything start with your mind, so start visualizing before you go to bed. Visualize exactly what you want to look like. Your subconscious will pick that up, and it will start to make your body work more efficiently to get you there! There is a lot of positive research in visualization, so start with that every night! Make sure you love yourself for what you look like now, but just know you can always improve too :)
  • vmpera
    Options
    Thanks guys! Super inspiring! Much better than looking up motivating quotes or totally relying on my best friend (also on here) to keep me motivated! :-)