Lemon water drinkers!!!!

Options
Has anyone experienced noticeable difference when trying to lose weight by drinking lemon water? I've heard that the benefits are endless, and have just started drinking it myself (past 3ish days), but was wondering if anyone has actually had a more successful weight loss by doing so? Or even noticed any changes within your body? :)

Replies

• rajathwalharris
    Options
    Hey,
    Yes, i usually squeeze a whole lemon into warm water in the morning and throughout the day too....it's very cleansing...and it helps me in the humid weather.....helps with water retention and stuff....I am not sure about weight loss though....just drinking lots of water and clean diet helps with that too....
  • margiea1
    margiea1 Posts: 5
    Options
    I drink lemon water all the time. I haven't noticed any weight loss benefit. But, I have had issues with kidney stones and my urologist suggested drinking lemon water. That was several years ago and I haven't had an episode since.
  • nomeejerome
    nomeejerome Posts: 2,616 Member
    Options
    Has anyone experienced noticeable difference when trying to lose weight by drinking lemon water? I've heard that the benefits are endless, and have just started drinking it myself (past 3ish days), but was wondering if anyone has actually had a more successful weight loss by doing so? Or even noticed any changes within your body? :)

It tastes good but does nothing for weight loss.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I drink it all day every day. Not for any benefit, because it really dfoesn't have any, just because it tastes nice.
  • wideeyedla
    wideeyedla Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I drink it all day every day. Not for any benefit, because it really dfoesn't have any, just because it tastes nice.

This.
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    I don't know but I drink it a ll the time
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Decreased Calorie Consumption

Lemon water has the ability to decrease the number of calories you consume each day. When you drink sodas, fruit juices, energy drinks or other beverages sweetened with natural or artificial sweeteners, you consume large amounts of empty calories. Lemon water helps you replace high-calorie drinks with a flavorful drink. If you add lemon to soda water, it even resembles the taste and texture of carbonated soft drinks. This one dietary change can eliminate 100 or more calories from your diet each day, depending on how many high-calorie drinks you used to consume, explains Sharon Richter, a registered dietitian and certified dietetic nutritionist with a private practice in New York City.

Sponsored Links

Trick To Longer Lashes?A Weird Trick To Grow Your Lashes Without A Doctor ConsumersGuides.com

Digestive Support

Lemon helps relieve digestion problems such as constipation and heartburn, explains Theresa Cheung in her book, "The Lemon Juice Diet." A properly functioning digestive process helps prevent bloating and ensures proper absorption of nutrients. The more nutrients your body gets, the better you feel and the more energy you have. Increased energy levels increase your likelihood of becoming more active and boosting the number of calories you expend throughout the day. Increased energy expenditure helps increase your weight loss.

Fat Metabolism

Lemon water provides your body with pectin, citric acid and vitamin C. The vitamin C may increase your body's ability to oxidize, or break down, fat. A study published in the June 2005 issue of the "Journal of the American College of Nutrition" reports that participants who consumed vitamin C burned 30 percent more calories during moderate exercise than those who did not. If your diet lacks sufficient amounts of vitamin C, you may find it difficult to lose weight. Add lemon to each glass of water you drink each day to increase your vitamin C intake and possibly boost your weight loss efforts.

Emotional Eating Control

The scent of lemons may boost your mood, according to a study published in the journal "Psychoneuroendocrinology." This mood enhancing effect may result from elevated norepinephrine levels in the brain. An improved mood and sense of well-being may help decrease your chances of overeating or binging due to emotions. Freshly squeezing your lemons into your water increases the amount of lemon scent you inhale.

FROM LIVESTRONG.com