No one notices my weight loss

Options
I keep thinking it's coming, it's coming but *sigh*, I'd really like someone to notice.

I'm certainly not working on a healthier me for the kudos, but it'd make my day. I'll keep working on it. Someone will notice eventually.

Edited to add, sorry, that really was whiny.

Replies

• DainaLC
    DainaLC Posts: 18,937 Member
    Options
    You have lost about the same amount of weight as I have, congratulations!! When you are around people who see you every day, sometimes they don't notice right away. Give it time, and above all, never give up! :flowerforyou:
  • rose228822
    rose228822 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I so sorry that no one has noticed your weight loss...I didn't have anyone notice until I lost about 10 lbs...keep motivated and don't give up!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    You have lost about the same amount of weight as I have, congratulations!! When you are around people who see you every day, sometimes they don't notice right away. Give it time, and above all, never give up! :flowerforyou:

That's very true. I also started barely fitting into a size 18w and now I'm barely fitting into a 16w... (comfortably in a straight 18) So there's not *that* much difference size wise. I know it'll take a while. I'm working on the toning exercises to help firm stuff up and boy do I need a lot of firming.

Thanks. I'm not quitting. I want to be a healthy weight and I'm not there yet! 75 more pounds to go!
  • CraftyWeeWifey
    CraftyWeeWifey Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've found people start to notice when I've lost around 10% of my body weight. Also I know with friends of mine who have lost a lot of weight, I don't notice when I'm seeing them often, then suddenly I'll think "didn't they used to be a lot bigger?"
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Go see someone you don't see that often. People who see you daily don't notice. Make a series of coffee/froyo/ice cream/boba meet ups with people you rarely see at a strip mall that has all that. Make each appointment with each person at a different place until one of them compliments your weight. When you get that first compliment, text everyone else cancelling your date and then come on here and log the cals u consumed. It'll be worth the overage.
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Honestly? Some don't say anything with regards to weight no matter what. For me, I find it distasteful to comment unless that person brings it up. I have a coworker desperately trying to lose weight and people keep asking if she's pregnant. I have people asking if I lost more weight, nope I've actually put on 10lbs. Things don't bother me the way they do others and I have seen the negative side to this. To me, it's rude to even question but you can call me crazy on that if you want. Just keep working hard, for you, and don't worry what anyone else thinks.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    I'm not worried. Maybe just a little whiny today. Thanks friends. Back to the grind.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Maybe they have noticed and are jealous. Be happy!
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    a lot of people may have noticed, but not said banything because perhaps you haven't volunteered information that you are losing weight..

They may not want to imply...Wow you have lost weight , because we know you were sooo much heavier a while back..or something like that, Perhaps in misguided politeness.... But people do notice, once someone says something others will follow.

Youre doing grreat!!
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    I don't talk about what I'm doing IRL because I don't want to be that obnoxious "hey look at the changes I've made" woman. You know, the one that seems to imply that you should be making changes too, cause that's all she can talk about, calories and exercise. lol

I save that for here. *wink*

Plus I've made these changes before and they were never long term. Life hit me like a truck a number of years back and it's taken a long time to gain control again.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    a lot of people may have noticed, but not said banything because perhaps you haven't volunteered information that you are losing weight..

They may not want to imply...Wow you have lost weight , because we know you were sooo much heavier a while back..or something like that, Perhaps in misguided politeness.... But people do notice, once someone says something others will follow.

Youre doing grreat!!

This is probably the reason.

I haven't had comments either, but the only person I talk about weight loss with is my husband (he's trying to lose weight as well) and people here on MFP. I also know that most of my friends consider it rude to comment on another person's weight.
  • LizAnn925
    LizAnn925 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Don't worry, and don't be discouraged! If anything, be more encouraged to lose even more! Don't take offense to it. When you see the same people every day, it takes them a long time to notice anything. I lost 16 pounds this year and my boyfriend just now noticed it...because I told him...especially don't expect guys to notice things haha
  • tiger4nikki
    tiger4nikki Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    People that see you every day may not notice before someone that only sees you every couple of weeks or a month. Hell, I couldn't even notice that I had lost myself. But my hubby noticed because we don't see each other except for the weekends because of work. I work days and he works 4p-2a.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I've had one person at work mention my weight loss. Now every morning she looks me up and down, like I'm something to be ogled instead of a co-worker. It's very uncomfortable, and I wish we'd never talked about weight. I don't say anything, because it's none of their business. You know what you've done and what you're working on - that's awesome! Keep it up :-)
  • quiltlovinlisa
    Options
    I've had one person at work mention my weight loss. Now every morning she looks me up and down, like I'm something to be ogled instead of a co-worker. It's very uncomfortable, and I wish we'd never talked about weight. I don't say anything, because it's none of their business. You know what you've done and what you're working on - that's awesome! Keep it up :-)

That would be uncomfortable!
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think (most) people are cautious about remarking on someone else's weight loss until it's really obvious. It was around 30 lbs before the ones who knew I was dieting started commenting and about 35 lbs for others to start asking if I had lost weight. And still other people know there's something different about you but can't quite put their finger.

I had one co-worker who kept staring at me one day and finally I said, "What?" And she said, "You're so pretty, really pretty with your new earrings. . . . . ." (they weren't new) ". . . . ..and your makeup. . . ." (been wearing makeup everyday for the last 6 months). . . ."looking all girly girl." lol, I think what she noticed was how much weight I've lost in my face, lol. I didn't know whether to laugh or cry, lol
  • KAYRRIE
    KAYRRIE Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    lol, I know how you feel. It took me getting into the 40's lost for someone to really notice something but I am pretty heavy so I understand. It does feel good though to have someone notice your hard work without you nudging them, "do you notice something?" lol. They'll notice eventually, just keep up the good work.

Edit: They sure do notice the big guy who lost less but whatever lol, I didn't notice his loss. Must be me.
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You lost 25 lbs and nobody notices? They must be blind! Unless you are one of those half-a-ton person, ( which I think you're not ), it's impossible for 25 lbs to go unnoticed. They must be jealous!
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I've only ever had a couple non-immediate family members tell me that I looked good/looked like I had lost weight. Honestly though, I wasn't too overweight to begin with. Plenty of people have told me though that I don't look like I need to lose weight, which I guess is pretty close to saying it looks like I've lost weight. :)