Any SKINNY-FAT successful fatloss/toning stories/photos?

Options

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    checking in... I went from anorexic to skinny fat to fit.

Amazing! I would love to know what you did... Also, how did you change your diet from the anorexic skinny to the fit skinny?

Thank you! From anorexic to skinny fat, I ate... I didn't really too much or too often before. From skinny fat to fit, I ate cleaner versions of everything, i.e. I eat a ton of baked chicken, veggies, etc. and cut back on sodas, juices, etc.. and drank more water. Basically, I make better choices eating, but still eat what I want on occasion in moderation, do some cardio and lift weights.

Reassurance that I am on the right track. occasionally i drink soda.. and i eat alot of chicken and veggies, and try to eat healthier.... I too have spent the majority of my life eating one meal a day. lately ive been adding something for breakfast.. but definitally an inner battle thing. alot of my weightloss has been through clean eating though, not starvation per say. but i think the fact that i only eat one meal a day has definitally played a roll in my 'skinny fat'.

I don't think how many meals you eat is the issue. I had to eat more in order to gain weight. Once I gained the weight, I started training to compete, so I had to increase my meals to 6 meals a day to bulk - 6 clean meals - no cheats. That was just during competition prep. When not prepping, I definitely eat what I want in moderation on occasion.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Was skinny fat. Hiked allot and that helped a little but then stopped helping. Then I started strength training:
    IMG_20130125_175224-1.jpgIMG_20130125_175256-1.jpg

@the same weight from cardio to lifting:
    untitled.JPG

I'm very much at the beginner stages doing things very half assed. I could be doing much better if I tried. But since you asked for photos I figured I'd post.

May post skinny fat pics later if I find some.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    This thread is AMAZE!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    In to cheer all of you and say congrats!!!
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Settling in. These threads are my favorites.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    In for success stories.
  • Iron_Feline
    Iron_Feline Posts: 10,750 Member
    Options
    In to get motivated :flowerforyou:
  • tlab827
    tlab827 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    Was skinny fat. Hiked allot and that helped a little but then stopped helping. Then I started strength training:
    IMG_20130125_175224-1.jpgIMG_20130125_175256-1.jpg

@the same weight from cardio to lifting:
    untitled.JPG

I'm very much at the beginner stages doing things very half assed. I could be doing much better if I tried. But since you asked for photos I figured I'd post.

May post skinny fat pics later if I find some.

wow that is awesome. i found myself skinny fat too once i reached my goal... still didn't look like i thought i woudl back at my normal weight... so i started clx ( chalean extreme) 3 months ago and i have seen some changes but not as much as i hoped for yet? i know i am stronger then ever before but it just doesn't show yet for some reason?
  • fittiephd
    fittiephd Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    Bump so I can post photos in a lil bit :)
  • mewtwo500
    mewtwo500 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Love that you started this thread! When I started Insanity around 5 weeks ago I guess I could qualify as 'skinny fat'--didn't work out, untoned, flat butt, etc. Insanity has done wonders for my lower body and I have definitely increased muscle mass in that area. I have gained 5-7 pounds from the 'before' picture but think I look much better! Just goes to show you that the scale doesn't tell you everything. :)

[img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb371/aigirl14/Insanity Results/61dcd2ea-e888-4759-ad7f-06c5e81ab3b9_zpsa44baa62.jpg[/img]
    [img]http://i1202.photobucket.com/albums/bb371/aigirl14/Insanity Results/f4f84757-3c1a-41f2-a73b-66abeb36f68e_zpsed5547d6.jpg[/img]
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    you ladies are all AMAZING! <3
    I'm still a WIP but...
    14287312_7849.jpg
    and more recently
    14287312_6904.jpg
    14287312_1227.jpg
    14287312_8807.jpg

First picture is after I lost about 18 lbs.. so I think I was around 118 or 119 (Jan 2012?)
    The later pics are at 123 after about a year and 3 months (roughly) of heavy lifting. I'm currently doing LiveFit and am super excited to see what results I get from that! I want to lean out even more. Hopefully get in the 16-17% BF range (currently 20%).
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    In to congratulate you ladies! You're amazing... I'll have to show this to my sister to prove that doing some lifting won't be useless!

:flowerforyou:
  • amcgltdchix
    Options
    You ladies look great!
  • LibbyCaramia
    LibbyCaramia Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing!

I'm still in progress. But I've gotten this far, mostly in the last four-ish months :-)

H6DKCfCcPBWJfBckiR2XX97LrozSzeEKEaqnsUv5BCo

y8v7d9mfgLFnAN5ONvrOH19YS5FsNPABYUDcrN_GyH0

Edit: Holy huge pics. Sorry. On my "smart" phone (sigh)..
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options
    @LibbyCaramia-- WOW look at those arms! :love:
  • ncmedic201
    ncmedic201 Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Everyone looks amazing!

I'm still in progress. But I've gotten this far, mostly in the last four-ish months :-)

H6DKCfCcPBWJfBckiR2XX97LrozSzeEKEaqnsUv5BCo

y8v7d9mfgLFnAN5ONvrOH19YS5FsNPABYUDcrN_GyH0

OMG seriously in 4 months!! I was hoping to show any improvements by the end of the year. This gives me hope. You look great!! How many days a week are you lifting?
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    This definately has reaffirmed my desire to start lifting again...wow
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Great thread ladies. I'm another one, and I'll add photos soon. I just started my transition in May, and have a ways to go. I've been writing about my journey with progress pictures over on the Livestrong site, but it's great to be in the company of others working to lose fat, build muscle, and get stronger! :)
  • RoseDarrett
    RoseDarrett Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    Well done everyone!! Loving the photos!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!