Confused

I've been sticking to 1200 calories, but since I lost weight, now my counter is telling me I need to bump up my calorie intake? I'm confused. Anybody have any comment or suggestions?

Replies

• I'm gonna take a stab at this....from a technical perspective you are probably losing weight FASTER than your goal rate (pounds per week) so the myfitnesspal bumped your calories up to reflect the fact that you are more active than it proginally assumed to keep your weight loss at a steady pace.
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    you recalculated your goals and used a different setting ? or made a slip with the data entry ?

re-run http://www.myfitnesspal.com/account/my_goals
  • nikilis
    nikilis Posts: 2,305 Member
    it thinks you are loosing too fast. 1200 is the minimum you can go on the app.

ill not get into this in detail cause im tired, but:

if you feel like its working for you as in you are not starving you feel healthy and fresh then keep going at your current rate.

if you feel hungry or lethargic etc, maybe up your cals to 1300, and keep tracking your loss.

1200 is too low for 80% of people.

if you would like further help with your calculations, feel free to PM me.
  • lmurillo68
    lmurillo68 Posts: 8 Member
    Thank you for all your comments. I greatly appreciate them and I'm sure you all are correct. The only thing I am changing is my profile is weight loss. Thank you all again.