Breakfast and Dinner Ideas Needed

Options
Hey everyone. I am in need of some breakfast and evening dinner ideas, because I'm still learning to eat healthy and have realized that I eat too many carbs/bread due to lack of ideas and prep time. I'll do further research online over the weekend but figured I'd ask my fellow MFP dieters. Any recipes are welcome as well. Thanks!

Replies

• LivvieO
    LivvieO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    My one suggestion would be adding oatmeal to your breakfast routine. It fills you up, makes you drink lots of water and its really low in calories and sugar. To be honest, I hated oatmeal myself so I've been buying the instant ones and forcing myself to eat at least a half a cup daily. As for dinner, my fave have become steamed veggies, baked chicken and grilled Tilapia.
  • loislenski
    loislenski Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I eat several different things for breakfast depending on the day and how much time I have and what I have on hand.
    1) Cereal (Cracklin Oat Bran or Kashi Go Lean Crunch) with half a cup plain nonfat greek yogurt
    2) Grits with 1/3 cup shredded cheese
    3) Greek Yogurt Pancakes (search the recipe in the forum posts, that's how I found it) with some sugar free syrup.
    4) Any leftover muffins or biscuits that might be around with a glass of milk, greek yogurt or egg for protein
    5) My mom's homemade bread. :)
    Sometimes I add fruit as well depending on what I have on hand.
    I also drink coffee in the morning but make sure to drink a glass of water too.
  • jjjbeans111
    Options
    Breakfast or dinner:

-mashed avocado with ttomatoes, cilantro, red onion, olive oil, lots of black pepper
    -scrambled eggs w salsa
    -spinach, tomatoes, those yummy mozzarella balls, bocconcini?, basil leaves, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt pepper
    -miso soup w tofu and scallions
    -mashed sweet potatoes w peas, ricotta cheese, parsley, olive oil, salt, pepper
    -rice, fried egg, soy sauce... mmm for breakfast, why not

Hope that helps!
  • Mellzicious
    Options
    All good ideas so far... but I wanted to add something about prep time.

Every week (usually on Sunday) I cook up a bunch of healthy stuff while I'm at home. A bunch of protein (chicken breast, ground turkey patties, whatever), sweet potatoes, and brown rice. You can also do veggies, like I roasted a bunch of squash for this week. Put it all tupperware containers so it's ready for you to grab. You will be amazed at the difference this makes.

Other quick snacks - rice cakes, baby carrots, cherries, apples, blackberries, raspberries, strawberries, watermelon... again, it helps if you prep these in advance. Like cut up watermelon into cubes and put it in a tupperware container.

You get so busy during the week, I have found that my success is based 90% on preparation.

Hope that helps.
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I have a few faves for brekkie... Egg Whites with whatever leftover veggies or even a salad from the night before (or whatever veggies are in the fridge - depending on the mood, I'll throw some meat and cheese in. Steel cut oats with cinnamon and raw honey - I'll often throw some frozen berries into it. The nice thing about the steel cut oats is that they simmer on low for 25 mins, so I'll put them on and head for the shower, then when I get out, get my coffee and brekkie is done! I also have All Bran Buds mixed up with greek yogurt and berries. I've looked up some healthy brekkie recipes like Quinoa and Banana pancakes and have some of those premade in the freezer ready for when I want them! Cottage cheese and berries with a side of Ezekiel bread toasts with natural almond of peanut butter. And usually on the weekends, I'll treat myself to one breakfast with bacon! With the exception of the initial prep for the pancakes, no real prep required for any of it!
  • ayankeefan51
    ayankeefan51 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions. There's some really good ones on here that I will be trying this weekend.