111 Pounds lost, still maintaining

Options
I started my weight loss journey in 2009. I was 280 lbs when I decided I needed to make a change. I was very unhappy with myself and couldn't believe I had gotten so big. I started logging everything I ate and lost about 40 lbs in about 5 months. Then, I got pregnant. I had a rough pregnancy/delivery and told myself if I ever want to have any more children, I want to be healthy the next time. I started MFP in April, 2011 at 265 lbs. I hit my goal weight of 165 on Feb 15, 2013. About 5 months later and I'm still within the 5 lbs of that. Once in a while, I have to look back at these pictures to see how far I've actually come. My mind has played tricks on me throughout this journey, and it sometimes still thinks I'm 280 lbs.

I started out by walking, and then started running when I joined MFP. I did the couch to 5k program, and have ran many 5k's, some 10k's, a 10 miler, and 2 half marathons. I LOVE to run!!! I also did some weight training and loved that as well. It's amazing how your body can change, as you will see in my pictures :)

Here's me at my heaviest in 2009, about 280 lbs. I'm 5'9" BTW
30lzyx1.jpg

Here's another on my honeymoon at about 275
r94h2g.jpg

Me today, about to go out for a run
2lmp2kp.jpg

Me today, ready for work!
350jtky.jpg

A close up of me today
2qjhmbc.jpg

My best advice to anyone on this journey is to keep at it, don't give up! There are going to be bad days, stressful days, days you just want to quit, but keep your eye on the prize. It's so worth it!!! Also, get yourself a great support system. Load up on MFP friends and support each other. My buddies on here are amazing and they motivate me each day to keep going. I even have 2 girlfriends who we text each other everyday and keep us on track. Shout out to Candi and Tricia!! Love you girls!!

Good luck to everyone on your journeys!!

Replies

• MadMonsterMom
    MadMonsterMom Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    THANK YOU so much for sharing this. I'm hoping to start the C25K program soon, but don't think I'm quite ready. You look amazing!
  • Lwillis1234
    Lwillis1234 Posts: 990 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!
  • kts3639
    kts3639 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Congratulations on your success in losing and maintenance :smile:
  • scheatwood
    scheatwood Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Looking Amazing!!! Keep up all the hard work!
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Amazing, you look absolutely beautiful!
  • JaimeLoves2run
    JaimeLoves2run Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Anne My Love you are so beautiful! The Biggest loser in my book. All on your on. All because of that determination built in you! So glad to have you as my mfp friend! We will keep on running together, cyber style that is, Until forever. Love ya girl!
  • littlewhittles
    littlewhittles Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, you've done an incredible job!
  • Jazmyn122275
    Options
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!! So good to see someone lose so much as I need to! If I may ask did you have a problem with loose skin? Thats a fear of mine, I mean Id rather be thin with loose skin then like I am but still curious. Again you look great!!! And so happy
  • melbrown22
    melbrown22 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! I love the part about running. I am trying to culitvate that love myself! LOL...you look fantastic!
  • smmoler
    smmoler Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the post. I'm hitting a slight wall right now and it's nice to hear other people
    have been through it as well. I'll keep trucking along because of you. Thanks
  • welly5
    welly5 Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!

1. you look amazing!

2. Congrats on maintaining, that's the real goal with all of this and its so inspiring to see someone achieve it :)
  • MissSaturday
    MissSaturday Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    well done sweetheart!!:smile:
  • Retiredmom72
    Retiredmom72 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • Tsmartin07
    Tsmartin07 Posts: 73
    Options
    OMG! well you know I'm your biggest fan :) Amazing job my friend, I know you'll keep up the excellent work! Looking good.
  • lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! What an amazing transformation!! You have truly earned every bit of your success and should be SO proud of your hard work and dedication!!
  • cspong
    cspong Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Huge inspiration! Congratulations!

And thanks for sharing! I think I might need to come back to this one on my lazy days :)
  • kw85296
    kw85296 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look amazing! You are doing a great job of maintaining.
  • katierrt
    katierrt Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    so so wonderful!! Congrats to you! I can't wait to lose my last few lbs!! YAY! :)
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    GIRL!!!!!!!!! You look grrrrrrrrrrrreat!(Tony the tiger voice) OUTSTANDING JOB, and well done! Thanks for sharing!
  • j3nnal3igh13
    j3nnal3igh13 Posts: 134
    Options
    THANK YOU for Posting this!! You are an inspiration!! You rock!! Congrats on all your hard work along the way. Nice to see that it is possible. :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!