what's YOUR favorite salad?

Options
Hey everyone! I'm looking for good things to add to a lettuce based salad :)
I'm kinda bored with my current mixes.
Any advice gladly taken!

Replies

• Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    My family and I would have "salad night" where we went crazy with vegetables and mix-ins. Probably no lo-cal overall, but super delicious.

We often had:
    Green and red pepper
    Onions
    Cucumber
    Shredded carrots
    Cherry tomatoes
    Hardboiled eggs
    Homemade 1000-island dressing
    Fresh shredded parmesan
    Fresh homemade croutons (basically, french bread with olive oil, baked in the oven until crisp)
    Leaf lettuce and baby spinach
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I grow my own sprouts (so easy) in my kitchen so I always add that. Lately I have loved putting in;

black beans
    red beans
    cold quinoa
    avocado
    colored peppers
    chopped chicken breast
    Jicama
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Take any salad and put a poached egg on top, crumble over some bacon and black pudding. The first time my husband made me this I thought he'd gone mad, then I tried it..... OMGolly.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My current fab is romaine lettuce, yellow peppers and a diced apple with a pear balsamic vinegar dressing.
  • msstatz
    msstatz Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My current fab is romaine lettuce, yellow peppers and a diced apple with a pear balsamic vinegar dressing.
    Fav not fab
  • crose0056
    crose0056 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Feta cheese, black olives, edamame, Turkey breast, egg, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, artichoke hearts, green onions and any bolthouse yogurt dressing. It is my go to lunch for working days.
  • JTutz
    JTutz Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    There is a fantastic book called "Salad Makes the Meal" by Wiley Mullins. It has recipes for 150 different salads. All of them are easy to assemble with easy to find ingredients. There are some really unusual combinations, and almost all of them are outstanding. All the recipes have the nutritional info included so you know what you're getting.
  • Suzyp0414
    Suzyp0414 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Guilt free Mexican salad. This actually comes out delicious from leftovers and is very easy. I use lettuce, a spoon of black beans, some chicken, avacado, corn tomatoes or whatever else you feel like. A spoon full of salsa as dressing.
  • dclark432
    dclark432 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    favourite salad at the moment...... grilled chicken.pineapple salad from cracker barrel. A bed of crisp spring mix with iceberg and romaine lettuces topped with marinated grilled chicken tenderloins, chopped pecans, pineapple, fresh blackberries, grape tomatoes, and white Cheddar and Colby cheeses. It’s served creamy pineapple ranch dressing on the side. , YUM