Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Weight for 5'9 women

2»

Replies

• ddky
    ddky Posts: 381 Member
    Depends on your frame. I have been everywhere from 135 - 215. 135 was too skinny. I think my best weight was 155-160. My goal right now is 169, then I will reassess.
  • purpleiris82
    purpleiris82 Posts: 22 Member
    According to the book "17 Day Diet" which written by a doctor. If you are small-boned, the goal is 123 lbs, Medium-boned 145, and Large-boned 167. So you (and I) should be between 123 and 167 lbs depending on what makes you feel you look the best.
  • quietcoral
    quietcoral Posts: 64 Member
    I am almost 5'10" and currently weigh 153-155. I am okay with that weight but would prefer to be closer to 145-150. It really does depend on your build and your own comfort levels though.
  • I'm 5'9 and have been everywhere from 130 to 220--now obviously at 220 I was too heavy...but at 130 (back before kids, when I *thought* I was fat hahaha) I looked like a bobblehead. I didn't realize it then, but I can see it now, and I've had many different family members and friends tell me that back when I was that skinny, they were concerned but didn't know how to approach the subject in a way that wouldn't offend me. I've always had wide hips & thick thighs (even at 130 lbs I was between a size 7 & 9 juniors), and a large chest (at 130 lbs I was still a 36 full C). Three kids later, my goal weight is 160, and I'll see where it goes from there once I get there.
  • onedayatatime12
    onedayatatime12 Posts: 577 Member
    Depends on your frame, genetics, etc.

I'm 5'8" and I'm a small frame, so 120 is my ideal weight.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    I'm 5'8.5" and 174 right now and am pretty close to my goal weight - my ribs already stick out now. I don't really think I want to go under 165. But I have broad shoulders, muscular arms, wide hips and a small waist. It totally depends on your build. I can't imagine what I would look or feel like at even 140, let alone 120, but we're all different.
  • jthramann
    jthramann Posts: 25 Member
    thankks. :P