Is your spouce skinnier then you?

Options
My bf is skinny!!! I love him but he can't gain any weight. He knows I struggle to lose weight he tries to help me but he gets to eat what ever he wants, and I have to watch everything I eat. Does anyone ELS have this trouble. Could really appreciate the help and feedback.

Replies

• healthymissfit
    healthymissfit Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't call my boyfriend skinny, because he's very muscular, but he is much much thinner than I am, very toned, and he works very little to achieve and maintain a sexy physique. It drives me crazy because as supportive as he is, he's still gonna eat what he wants and not gain a pound or an inch while I'm over here living off water and leaves trying to lose a million pounds lol. You're good girl, keep on keepin' on ;)
  • mishirusama
    Options
    Im the same, my husband is skinnier than me. And he loses weight easily without trying!
  • JenCatwalk
    JenCatwalk Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Well I'm pretty skinny.. but the boytoy is very skinny... not to mention he eats crap food and eats it OFTEN. Lucky a$s... :grumble:
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    He weighs more, but he is thin and more muscle. I am quite certain my @ss and thighs are bigger.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    mine used to be. when we got married he weighed 118# (5'9.5") I was 125#. (5'6.5") -- that was 22 yrs ago.

now we are about the same weight (135#), but he is 2 inches shorter. (so we are just 1" apart now)
    his arms and legs are skinnier than me, but his belly is getting pudgy.
  • etoiles_argentees
    etoiles_argentees Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    Sorry, couldn't do it. My SO would always need to be bigger than me. Shallow, whatever, I'm only 5'2 and 100 pounds. I love feeling like a girl. Being.
  • ostrichagain
    ostrichagain Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yep, when we got married I could wear his pants (he has broad shoulders, narrow waist ooooo la la!). Not so much anymore. He LOVES junk food. Trying to keep pace with his metabolism has been a huge disaster. I've learned I really have to watch my portions. I can have ice cream, there is just NO WAY I can sit and share a whole carton on the couch anymore.

He tries really hard to be supportive these days, which is a big change from before where he would actively sabotage me with my favorite foods.
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    He used to be... :wink:
  • Zaniejane
    Zaniejane Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    All I can think is don't worry about it. Think about being the best you, and don't consider this "trouble".
    He eats as many calories as he burns, simple as that. You can do the same:)
  • Kassidi21
    Kassidi21 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend couldnt gain weight if he tried, because well, he's tried haha... he's skinnier than I by more than i like..=P
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Nope, he's always been heavier than I've been and that's the way I like it! :wink:
    edited to say: except for when I was pregnant. Heehee!
  • Purplebunnysarah
    Purplebunnysarah Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I weigh about 90 lbs more than my husband. He used to be underweight, though... now he's skinny fat.
  • lingading
    lingading Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Yup. he eats and eats and eats and drinks like crazy but doesn't get any fatter. I eat half what he does and I gain. It's terrible.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Nope. He's got 8-10 pounds on me. And about 8 inches.

We do wear the same jean size though. Or at least I can wear his; he seems to think mine wouldn't be roomy enough.
  • Anna_Joys_Journey
    Anna_Joys_Journey Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Yes! By like 50 pounds. :(
    Years of unhealthy eating and his age are starting to catch up with him though. ;-)
    He's in the military so he has to work out a lot...and he's been struggling the past couple years to meet waist requirements. I was mean and always gave him his favorite foods...but ever since I started getting healthier he has been too. I finally had to learn that my metabolism cannot keep up with his. Oi!
  • kkerri
    kkerri Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    If I was 5'2 and 100 pounds then I'd assume most men would be a lot bigger!

My husband is taller and weighs more. I don't feel like a man next and even was I was pregnant and looked like I ate him, I still felt like a female.
  • red_road
    red_road Posts: 761 Member
    Options
    im the exact same. Theres nothing much to be done, if he gets junk food for dinner i do to about half the time i just make sure to work it into my calories. He has gained some weight but i still consider him skinny, i have talked to him so many times about how him eating junk food infront of me makes my diet so much harder but his change in diet lasts only a few days at a time. I think it is hard for him also because when we first started going out and even before i gained all this weight we would eat out all the time, the reason i didnt get fat like that is because i would just have the one large meal for dinner and that is all i would eat for the entire day. Now if i know we are going to be hanging out i try to eat as healthy as possible beforehand and if he is eating something really tantalizing and i dont have calories or am trying to be good i have him eat it in the other room.
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    My husband is much taller than me. In all the years I've known him, he hasn't ever had to watch his weight. He's always been normal or even slightly underweight. *dramatic sigh* I can't say that for me. However, he is very, very supportive of my attempts to lose these 20 pounds. He's also into fitness, so that helps a lot with my efforts. He is getting better about not bringing high fattening snacks home.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I hope not.
    He's 6'5".
    I weigh 116#.
    That would just be wrong...
  • lacyjay87
    lacyjay87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    My husband weighs as much as I do but he is leaner taller and thinner!

FYI a lot of you who replied DO NOT LOOK OVER WEIGHT AT ALL in your photos!!! THAT is a compliment!!! Alot of of you are beautiful just the way you are! And all of us are beautiful on the inside!