McDonalds as a Sponser?

Options
I was just writing about McDonalds in another post and up on top there's an ad for McDonalds. I know that ALL the food isn't bad but the ad has french fries in it. Is McDonalds a sponsor for this site? (Sorry spelled sponsor wrong up there. I'm not illeterate) :)

Replies

• carollynch09
    carollynch09 Posts: 111
    Options
    and Hi. I'm new here and LOVE this site!!
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    No. Stop googling fast food.

Mine is for puppies and gym equipment.
  • austije
    austije Posts: 1
    Options
    I saw that too and just started laughing. It was an ad for a breakfast sandwich.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,154 Member
    Options
    Ads are based on search histories (and occasionally keywords in the post). I gt ads for Insanity and cranes (searching JLG lifts for work).
  • lucyinthesky2007
    lucyinthesky2007 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I saw the same ad...and for the record I haven't been googling fast food. I actually haven't eaten McDonalds in 2 years. So I wondered the same thing....weird. But welcome! Glad your finding MFP helpful! I love it. It's helped me so much. Wish you great success!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Ads are all different and based on your search history/location/etc....mine are all in Korean.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    Options
    Mine is now hot yoga pants and toddler food.

They're rarely accurate unless I've been shopping.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Ads are all different and based on your search history/location/etc....mine are all in Korean.

At first I was extremely confused as to why your ads would be in Korean, until I read your profile haha.
  • carollynch09
    Options
    hahaha ok
  • carollynch09
    Options
    Thanks Lucy!
  • carollynch09
    Options
    yes it was an ad for a breakfast sandwich MY FAVORITE! ugh. I'm good though. Had Special K fruit and yogurt ;)
  • ittyXbittyXbritty
    Options
    could be something you searched...
    most of my ads are for Forever 21, Victoria's Secret, and Jillian Michaels or Insanity.
  • carollynch09
    Options
    yes, I think it was something I searched. I wanted to know the sugar level in their smoothies. They got me! Grrrr Like it says up there, stop googling fast food..:D:D:D
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    All my adverts right now are for tri-shorts and tops and road bikes....guess what I'm up to?
  • kellijauch
    kellijauch Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Your computer will pop up ads that are based on your internet history. I highly doubt McDonalds sponsors this site. My ads are always for amazon or jewelry sites, as I do alot of online shopping. And ALL of McDonalds food is bad. ALL of it!
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    The ads are why this site is free....the ads usually pop up based on something you viewed and/or commented on....
  • ElanaBr
    ElanaBr Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I don't see any ads. AdBlock FTW!
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Weird, mine is for Plan Canada. I was searching for a family mission trip a while ago. I guess it remembers from way back.