What's Your OCD?

Options
123457»

Replies

• xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    If I'm ever in the market for a husband, I will look in a like post as this for all you clean and organized men :wink: :drinker:
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    dancing queen by abba..

yeah i know..

LOL no wonder you didn't mention it the first time around :wink:
  • orangebuttercat
    orangebuttercat Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    i know, it literally makes no sense to me.
    I started when i was a little kid, and after starting it. Refused to miss a day.
  • Queen_Freak
    Queen_Freak Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Was diagnosed in third grade, and then again about 3 years ago. Mine centers around picking and is also a major factor in my trichotilomaina (hair pulling). It used to be a lot worse, but I would pull out a single hair at a time with the root, then pull the root off with my teeth. Would end up with giant piles of hair on the floor and had bald spots over the size of a U.S. half-dollar. I no longer pull from my head, but I do pull out leg hairs now. This also leads my me just tearing small things up, and such like that. I also work at a Wal-Mart as a cashier. Everything must be placed together in the way I see fit, or the way that the customer ask me. I will reach all the way to the end of the belt if I have to, to make the bag the way I want it.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have listened to the same song at least once a day since November 13,1976.
    13,388 days in a row.

If i missed a day, id probably cease to exist.

Groundhog Day...
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have a tendency to be rather paranoid about some things... well, very paranoid. It's caused me troubles in quite a few aspects of my life. It also causes me to be a conspiracy theory nut at times.
  • tehboxingkitteh
    tehboxingkitteh Posts: 1,574 Member
    Options
    1) My shirts have to be hung according to sleeve length starting with sleeveless and working up to a long sleeve.
    2) If I'm walking next to someone I have to be on their left side
    3) My cutlery and drink are always to my right
    4) I can't sleep facing doors or closets, I need to be facing the wall
    5) I always use the left burners on my stove unless I absolutely have to use the right ones
    6) I enter the shower the same way I entered, never opposing sides
    7) If I light a candle it has to be dead centre on my coffee table or it feels out of place and untidy
    8) I only eat one food item at a time starting with the smallest and working my way up to the biggest portion
    9) My towels have to be stacked by size, if one sticks out of the pile uneven I will take it out and reposition it in the pile.
    10) When grocery shopping I have to start to the left, work my way across the back then up and down each aisle until I'm back to where I've begun and I'm ready for checkout!
    11) My money has to be sorted in my wallet according to value smallest to largest, all bills have to be faces forward and upright.
    I'm the exact same on 1, 2, 5, 6, 8 (but mine is veggies, carbs, meat, dairy), 9, 10
    I've never heard of anyone else doing #4. I have to sleep with my back to a window and facing a door.

I have lots more, but I'm too tired to list. I do have OCPD with several obsessive compulsive traits.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    The dishes in the dishwasher! no one and I mean no one can put them in there better than I can or fit more dishes into a dishwasher than I can! lol "there is always room for one more! "
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Locking things
    Having things line up
    Matching things
    Having cupboards & doors shut properly
    Having clean windows
    Having the tv volume on an even number
  • BarefootSerenity
    Options
    Counting stairs going up: one, two, three, four... repeat.
  • princessofredrock
    princessofredrock Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I discovered how annoyed I was that I did not get champ on all my Fitbit tiles(active minutes specifically). So I went and turned on the Xbox and did 20 mins of Kinect adventures to finish it off for the day! I guess it is a good thing to be obsessed with maxing out all my exercise challenges for the day though! ; )
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    I am OCD about many things but one is that my clothes have to be hung in rainbow order. I can't stand when they are out of color symmetry.

Haha .. I do this too! I'm a Virgo, so OCD is just part of my nature.
  • pchesnut
    pchesnut Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am OCD about many things but one is that my clothes have to be hung in rainbow order. I can't stand when they are out of color symmetry.

Haha .. I do this too! I'm a Virgo, so OCD is just part of my nature.

LOL my sisters closet looks like that and mine does not. She sneaks in to my house when I am not there and 'fixes' my clothes to her OCD standards...so I sneak in to her house and completely mess her clothing color and sleeve length up. Drives her absolutely batty. Good thing we love each other.
  • mossyoakgirl77
    mossyoakgirl77 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Brushing my teeth. Love, love, LOVE white teeth. Clean mouth equals happy kisses...lol
  • _Tink_
    _Tink_ Posts: 3,845 Member
    Options
    Counting stairs going up: one, two, three, four... repeat.

I count stairs going up and down, though I count them all rather than repeating a sequence. Sometimes when I'm going down the stairs at the end of the workday I end up continuing to count my steps all the way to my car. Depending on where I park, my car is approximately 110 steps from the door at the top of the stairs leaving work. :laugh:
  • tnicmorris
    tnicmorris Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    My movies/DVDs HAVE to be in alphabetical order on the shelves. My "Fight Club should be in the F section, not the T section" rants are well known with my family and friends.

My old roommate used to put them all out of order when she wanted to annoy me.
  • highervibes
    highervibes Posts: 2,219 Member
    Options
    Not sure I really have one specific thing but I feel really uneasy when the house is messy. I don't know that it's 'normal' to be so upset about a messy house (which is unfortunate because it's ALWAYS messy!) I think I need to do some impermanence therapy or something lol
    '