Question for the ladies.....

Options
13»

Replies

• BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I paint my 3-year-old son's nails. When I paint his sisters he begs for it too.
  • TheMrsSpringer
    Options
    I think it is awesome - let her do it. Being that young and saving for a pedicure shows maturity. Maybe just monitor the color she picks but other than that I don't personally think you have anything to worry about. She will be all smiles getting a pedicure like a "big girl". :)
  • TheMrsSpringer
    Options
    I completely agree!
  • FITIsTheNewPINK
    Options
    She's certainly old enough - just make sure that she understands that its a "treat" and take her to a reputable place :)
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Salons except any age to get pedicures. Thats IF she is wanting just a painted nail. If she is getting fake nails then there is a certain age they will allow people to get them in some salons. A few I've been to anyways. Or the nail has to be a little grown out so they can be able to apply the fake nail easier.
    It really depends on what she wants.
    Is this her first time? Thats so cute!!
  • Sierra_christine89
    Sierra_christine89 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    accept*
  • TheExquisiteAuren
    Options
    I think it's okay as long as you treat it as a fun thing, and not as a step towards vanity. Think of it more as a "girly" thing to do. The only thing I would worry about are the fumes in those places...I'm 22 and they still hurt my lungs sometimes.
  • stephyy4632
    stephyy4632 Posts: 947 Member
    Options
    my 6 and 8 year old have gotten them its one of our fun days out together. No harm and most places have kiddie chairs
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Funny enough, I was watching a show that had women getting pedicures and my daughter asked when she can do that, lol. (She is 8). She asked me if they rub your feet and when I said yes she said, ooohhh, I want that. lol I thought it was funny. I am not sure that I would take her because I don't want to spend $50+ but to each their own. maybe one day we can have spa day in our house.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    On a side note, I paint my 3-year-old son's nails. When I paint his sisters he begs for it too.

My son is the same. I did my girls red, white and blue for the holiday and he wanted his toes done too so I did them. He loved them and was happy that they matched his mommy and sisters.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I would have loved to get a pedicure when I was that age! But that *kitten* gets expensive when you get older.
  • hayleymc3
    hayleymc3 Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I really don't see the harm in it.

Most of the girls in my family haven't been into mani/pedis and such, myself included. I just recently got into the habit of getting my nails done, and it's so expensive. :ohwell:

I do think some parents go overboard with letting young girls do those sorts of things. I mean, a pedi is one thing, but mani/pedi, highlights, tanning, ears pierced while still in diapers, etc. is too much for a child.

If she saved up herself and really wants to try it, it isn't causing her or anyone any harm, so I think it's fine. I would maybe keep the design simple personally, maybe a little polish or whatever... but that's just me, really.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    I say go for it. At the salons I go to, there are all kinds of people. Women, men, couples, moms and daughters. You name it. It's not a strictly "girly girl" thing anymore. Props to her for being savvy with her money! She deserves pampered piggies. :smile:
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Are you joking? Is this a trick question? She's been saving her own money for this. What's the harm?
  • darleyschroeder
    Options
    I think age where the child can behave long enough to get one is an appropriate age. You wouldn't want to take a kiddo who is cutting up all the time.

Little girls would love to get a pedicure though!