Just Started Insanity Yesterday (Need supportive people :)

Options
I just started Insanity for the third time yesterday, I REALLY want to make it through all the way this time. Normally I'll make it a week or two in and then lose motivation. This time I'm hoping is different, I just bought new shoes which I hope help my comfort level and I really want to make it all the way through this time.

To make a short story long I'm looking for friends of any age/gender/etc. I just want people who participate and are positive with feedback :)

Replies

• bethsanders86
    Options
    Hey there! Insanity is so much fun once you get into it! It took me about 3 weeks to really start loving it! Make sure you have cross trainers they really help with stability. You can do it! Set small goals and nail them! Good luck! Oh and make sure to take before and during pictures. Measure weekly. I didn't lose a whole lot of weight with Insanity but I gained a lot of muscle. I am so much stronger now. My husband lost about 21lbs during the program. It's amazing comparing the first and final fit test :-)
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I don't do insanity, but you know where I am if you need some motivation/support :) You can and will do this!
  • TinkTribe
    TinkTribe Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I started Insanity on Monday as well and I woke up today, Day 3 and my back is so sore! Feel free to add me and good luck! We can do this! :)
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    If you do a search through MFP's groups, you'll find a bunch of Insanity and Beachbody groups. I think you may find they are doing challenges or whatnot through them :)
  • silentwave
    silentwave Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im looking at starting my insanity journey on Monday 15th, so looking for to it, Just kepp pushing play
  • jhreed80
    jhreed80 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started Insanity on Monday with the Fit Test. Today was Day 3 - Cardio Power & Resistance. I don't think I have ever sweated this much in my entire life.
  • suzanneh197
    Options
    Just ordered it today!! Can't wait to start... you can add me!
  • Paiger81
    Paiger81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I started it last Monday, did it until Thursday, when my shoulders decided to revolt against me (I did a squat-pushup wrong)....I'm back at it tonight.
  • savannahalynn
    Options
    i started on monday too!
    yea, im still actually mostly just trying to figure out HOW in the world i finished day 3s workout. ohmygoodness.
  • Karri_Lynn
    Karri_Lynn Posts: 83
    Options
    Hello there! I have done Insanity a few times! Would love to offer and receive support!
  • chriscooney
    chriscooney Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in the 3rd week of the 2nd month, its brutal but i love it and if you are going to succeed you need to be of the mind set that you are going to do it no matter what it takes to complete.

Once i've finished i am taking a week off to relax a little, confuse my body with a few pizza's then i am going full on again!
  • Journey2newwomen
    Journey2newwomen Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I would love to start on the 15th. I cud use the support cuz I am the type of person who starts and stops and I really want/need to get through my 1st round! Support needed as well
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Tat2dDom0105 Posts: 661
    Options
    I also started Insanity on Monday, and i'm hooked on it.
  • Pet03
    Pet03 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I will be starting on Monday also. I will have my husband as my motivation and my Drill Instructor. I am sure he will not have a hard time motivating me as I am one of those people who has a hard time staying motivated. I start but find every excuse in the book not to keep going. Good luck to you and feel free to add me as well.
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just remember you aren't the machine on the DVD - and even they need a break. Do as much as you can safely and with good form, and dont' get discouraged by being sore or needing to take breaks. Even Shaun T does!

Keep pushing play and digging deeper. If this 43 year old who started at 160 could get her shirt, so can you!
  • danapenguin
    danapenguin Posts: 161
    Options
    i wish i could do it! I had an asthma attack after doing day 2 so I sold it. Doctor said I jumped into it way too soon. But do it for the people who can't!!! make us proud!!
  • Establishedn1986
    Establishedn1986 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I started on the 1st and I am in love. I hate it during, cursing, breathing heavy, & sweating my butt off. I know the payoff will be great. Set your own personal goals for the program. Literally write them down and use every workout as a way to achieve those goals! Feel free to add me for support!
  • ellew70
    ellew70 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am in the 3rd week of the 2nd month, its brutal but i love it and if you are going to succeed you need to be of the mind set that you are going to do it no matter what it takes to complete.

Once i've finished i am taking a week off to relax a little, confuse my body with a few pizza's then i am going full on again!

I'm on that in between week and i'm surprised how much I miss it.!
  • lissagallagher
    Options
    I'm just about done with week 2! I love it! I've got a huge married-woman-mother-of-4-know-he's-gay-but-don't-care-crush on Shaun T and a love/hate relationship with Tanya. I fear Cardio Recovery like a trip to the dentist and have horrendous gas all the time but I love feeling my body get stronger every day!
  • bethtc
    bethtc Posts: 6
    Options
    I'm starting Monday too!! Not gonna lie, I'm a bit scared!!!