Calling All Educators!

Options
I'm not quite sure where to post this....I'll start here and re-post as necessary.

The beginning weeks of school seem to be full of back-to-school evenings, setting up classrooms, stocking up on supplies, and preparing for the first month. Let's band together and make sure our nutrition and exercise remains a priority during this busy time! For me, I begin a new position next Thursday. I know that a longer commute, longer contract, and a new job description will require nutrition planning/prep in advance and exercise dedication.

I would LOVE to start a group for us to keep us motivated and challenged.:happy: We can set weekly challenges, keep ourselves motivated, and give us a place to share all those "educator" moments.

If interested, just let me know. I'll create the group next week based on response.

Replies

• boosmama98
    boosmama98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in something like that. I don't go back to school until August 8th, but I know it will take some getting used to with all of the schedule changes. I am even trying to go back to school in the fall. What am I thinking????

Let me know what you decide!

Jessica :)
  • Cassieann2
    Cassieann2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am game for this!
  • caeaves
    caeaves Posts: 1
    Options
    I am definitely interested.
  • wrubsie76
    wrubsie76 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Count me in!
  • anshaw03
    anshaw03 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Please count me in! I'm in grad school currently and don't start back till mid August, but I need support!
  • heidandgoseek
    heidandgoseek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I love this idea! I've been worrying about finding time to work out when school starts back up (end of Aug for me) so any motivational help is great!
  • hungreeteacher17
    hungreeteacher17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in being part of this group. I am going back to teaching freshmen (shudder) after 9 years of teaching upper classmen. I'm not looking forward to it. I know in years past I've always made exercise in the am a priority for the first months of school so that I know that no matter how long & crazy the day gets I've already had my "me" time for fitness. I go back August 22. You guys that start so early, when did your summer begin?
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I am moving into admin, so I start July 18th. The teachers report on August 1. Our summer began May 30. It's really short!!!

I would be interested in being part of this group. I am going back to teaching freshmen (shudder) after 9 years of teaching upper classmen. I'm not looking forward to it. I know in years past I've always made exercise in the am a priority for the first months of school so that I know that no matter how long & crazy the day gets I've already had my "me" time for fitness. I go back August 22. You guys that start so early, when did your summer begin?
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!

Please count me in! I'm in grad school currently and don't start back till mid August, but I need support!
  • DestinationFitnessChick
    Options
    Count me in :) I know I'm going to have to be dedicated and fix meals on Sundays. On top of my full-time job of teaching kiddos all day...........I instruct 9-11 exercise classes per week!! So I gotta be focused and dedicated! I have recently cut lots of foods out of my diet due to allergies and have cut way down on inflammation and I know that I cannot get lazy and start eating junk again!!
  • ShortyBaja
    Options
    This would be great! I have been thinking that I can do all the exercise needed in summer but what will I do when school starts back up again? Last summer, I lost 10 pounds and gained every one of them back over the course of the year. How do we find the time?
  • boosmama98
    boosmama98 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Our last day was the Friday before Memorial Day (May 24th) and we go back on August 8th. I feel like it's flying by! :sad:
  • moxiept
    moxiept Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I am a university professor with a 1 hour commute each way. I start back in mid-August and would like to be in the group for support in eating and exercise. Eating fast food during my drive time, buffet lunches in the cafeteria, and being too tired to exercise contributed a lot to my weight gain.
  • MandyBFit
    MandyBFit Posts: 5
    Options
    I would join the group!
  • lyndalpn
    lyndalpn Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    University professor here too - and in Australia so we are mid winter but yeah, issues are the same! Love to be involved :)
  • Marcella0877
    Marcella0877 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can count me in!
  • mann408
    mann408 Posts: 2
    Options
    I am in! I am actually starting rather soon. (My profile mentions only acting, but I am also a teacher during the day HS English)
  • livetolaff
    Options
    Yes, I'd like to be in it!
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    You sound like me! I've been a teacher for 22 years. But this next year I am transitioning to assistant principal at a new high school. Longer commute, longer contract, and LOTS to do immediately when I go back at the beginning of August. I would love to be a part of your group! But I'm not sure quite how to go about joining when you start it up!
    Thanks!
  • alexadevyn
    alexadevyn Posts: 26
    Options
    Count me in. Back to school on Aug 12th. Any and all help with accountability and motivation are always welcomed.