Replies

• merryberry99
    merryberry99 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm in as well! :)
  • SallyaStewart11
    SallyaStewart11 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am moving into admin, so I start July 18th. The teachers report on August 1. Our summer began May 30. It's really short!!!

Congratulations on your move to admin! I actually made mine last January. I'm in the high school and the good news I can tell you with my move from the classroom to a principal position was all of the exercise and walking I did everyday! I was much more active in my new position. I easily averaged 10,000 steps or more everyday! So I'm looking forward to get back at it! I lost much more weight when school was in session. :-)
  • stardancer7
    stardancer7 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Just finished my 26th year teaching high school drama...won't be starting until the end of August, but already wondering how I'm going to fit it all in. I landed the role of Cora in Calendar Girls in our local theatre group which will hit the boards in February 2014 and I am also committed to directing/producing our high school's production this year--probably the shorter version of Disney's Beauty and the Beast. Oh yeah, and working full time teaching Gr 9s, 10s and a split class of 11/12s. I am excited about it all, though! Knowing I'm in Calendar Girls is helping me stay focussed--I want people to see less of me when they see all of me!
  • AnnaMW2013
    AnnaMW2013 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I teach third grade. We start back mid-August but basically after my family vacation the last week of July, the last few weeks of "summer" are sucked up by getting the classroom back in shape, planning, etc.
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'd be interested .. I don't go back until almost the end of august - bit willing to support, motivate, and chat with you guys
  • kittenkris
    kittenkris Posts: 112
    Options
    This is exactly what I need. Every summer I loose and every school year I gain it all back. I'm starting a new job this year and really need to stay focused even with the stresses of a new school environment. Please add me!
  • spunkybunny
    spunkybunny Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I go back mid-August (way too soon!)
  • Amalthea_Rose
    Amalthea_Rose Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Its hard to think about going back already when we just got done with summer school yesterday lol
  • shawnerseliz
    shawnerseliz Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I would love to be in on this as well. I've lost a lot this past year and want to keep it off and need to lose more.
  • mjsmom827
    mjsmom827 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't go back until end of August, but I'm in!
  • DaughterOfTheMostHighKing
    DaughterOfTheMostHighKing Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!! I'm an elm ed teacher, teaching music for 3 years, and now this year will be teaching both music and computer! lol!!! teachers report August 5. students August 19th. :) let's do this!
  • eabronner
    eabronner Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I would like to join, too. I teach 3rd grade and will be working on a gifted endorsement, as well. I could definitely use the support to keep focused on healthy choices this school year. I was just volunteered to lead our school's Girls on the Run group, so I have until the spring to learn how to run. I'll take all the help I can get.
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I teach second grade. I need all the support and motivation I can get. :smile:
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied! I'll work on building the group tomorrow and will add all of you!

:-)
  • readanddance
    readanddance Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

Anyone who has previously replied should have received an invitation. If anyone else wants to join, I'd be happy to add you!

Sorry for the delay......I had a loved one in the hospital followed by starting work, so it's been hectic! It's all good now!