new to this...and have a question?

Options
Hey. I am new to this. It is going to be a constant struggle to remember to log everything and keep on my workout regimen but I am up for the challenge with my wife Jennreid719. Add us as friends if you would like.
I do have a question though...does sweet tea count as water requirements for each day? What about sugar free kool aid or individual water flavor packets?
If anyone can help me out with this question I would appreciate it. Thanks. :)

Replies

• french13
    french13 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    yes I'm pretty sure it does since there's not going to be any sugar involved. What I do though for the whole water thing is I have like a large mcdonalds cup (32 ounces) and I drink 3 of them a day with ice cold water or green tea. That's like 12 cups right there. Trust me though, if you stop drinking soda and just drink water/sugar free tea/sugar free kool aide you will see quite a bit of water weight loss in the next few weeks.
  • Kevster75
    Options
    Fluid is fluid.. as long as it's not packed with calories or sugar then you can't go wrong.
    Some people would argue about artificial sweeteners, but that's a whole different issue! ;)

Water is pure (ish), so the best way to get and sustain hydration. If you feel thirsty, then you're already dehydrated.
    Little and often is the key, like so many other things... :)
  • eapr
    eapr Posts: 14
    Options
    I would count those things in my water total. As long as there is no Sugar or calories:) Welcome!
  • sallyLunn
    Options
    I think that if you started logging your calories for sweet tea, you would switch to something else. (I love sweet tea, by the way.) Personally, I only count unsweetened beverages that don't have caffeine as "water". I do put lemon in my water a lot of times just because its nice that way.