Hi! 36 F, from the Coast looking to be mutually supportive!

Options
Hi all, I decided to stop being a lurker, because I have realised how much encouragement and praise means to me in my weight loss journey lol.

So, Hi! I am Brodie. I was one of those people who just ate whatever and was always slim to very slim. Until I was about 24 then I stacked on 30kg, interestingly, i put my head down and dropped the 30kg within about 4 months.

Well, i'm 36 more and apparently my body doesn't 'do' that anymore!! i have been piling on the weight for about 4 years now. I had major back surgery around then and i also gave up smoking. When I was 70kg I said 'i will make sure i get onto this before it goes to far"

i said that at 75kg 80kg 85kg 90kg and FINALLY at 94kg I decided I couldnt bare the thought of hitting 100kg. I had been fairly unwell health wise so at that stage I went to the doctor a fair bit for lots of tests and found out I have eaten myself into insulin resistance and MASSIVELY high blood pressure. The doctor said i would not enjoy a full life if I kept it up and that my health stats were really bad and something had to be done, no more mucking around. I don't like the idea of being told at 36 that I might die sometime, anytime soon, so I got my *kitten* off the couch.

I decided that i was going to lift weights, with minimal cardio thrown in (not a fan, that's all lol) I also had made decisions in the past, like 'I'm going to eat CLEAN!" and then being unable to keep it up, i kept letting myself down and the vicious cycle kept up.

This time I decided I am going to eat HEALTHY. i love the idea of clean eating! I am just not that disciplined!! So i took a step back and went "Just be more healthy"

So I made a pact, no takeaway food, no fried food, no overtly disgusting unhealthy foods which are delicious and every week there is one day where I can just forget the rules if i want to.

i'm addicted to chocolate and I am not a fan of water, so I just went, have chocolate, just one small bit per day. As for water I'm still struggling with that but I try t up my intake each day.

I am addicted to sugar free v and am aware of how yuk it is for me and trying so ahrd to give it up, any tips appreciated lol

Anyway yak yak yak lol. My stats are as follows

Starting weight 94kg (April 3rd 2013)
Current weight 84.8kg

Starting Waist 107cm
Current Waist 88cm

I feel lighter, i think lol. I am still relying on hubby to tell me if I look different. I can see it in the pictures but I;m not quite there yet.

I'm also on Metformin for my insulin resistance which has reduced my blood pressure from ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHTY to 123 so far.

I am working out every day I can for minimum one hour and I am getting into some serious wight training and loving it. Sometimes I take a couple of days off, sometimes I go twice in a day.

I'm not beating myself up any more! Losing weight is more important to me right now than anything else, but i know I need to be kind to myself and learn to develop good habits, instead of being brilliant for a week then giving up and crying about it lol

So hi all, hope you enjoyed my yakking, it is a trait of mine LOL. i get the sentence "Your a bit of a miss chatty" a LOT haha!!!

I'm really looking forward to making friends and sharing peoples journeys x

Replies

• Bengal_tiger
    Options
    Hello People :-( Did I talk too much? lol
  • nursenelson
    nursenelson Posts: 295
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend!
    I'm sending a request right now
    Heather
  • Bengal_tiger
    Options
    yay! Someone talked to me!! hahaha. Thanks Heather :-) I love your DP!!!
    628462 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be your friend....but honestly....the Metric units are freaking me out a bit....I mean, I can do the rough math in my head, but still... Lol :-)
  • Bengal_tiger
    Options
    lol, Do you mean that we use Kilograms instead of Pounds?? I have that problem myself, because in pounds I am a number that I never want to see.....kilos is bad enough, but those pounds....lol.
  • _DrDustin_
    _DrDustin_ Posts: 172
    Options
    Hope to inspire, feel free to add! Yeah English system would be helpful vs metric :)
  • Bengal_tiger
    Options
    Hmm way to make myself be annoying LOL. but I have no idea how to use pounds so lets all teach each other the opposite system hahahaha!!
  • heenyhome
    heenyhome Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! :)
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome aboard!!!! Feel free to add me....this is a great place, & very supportive ....????????????????