former swimmer looking to get back in the pool

Options
Hello all, my name is Blake Braden and i am a former collegiant swimmer who was 6'5'' 195 lbs. At the peak of my swimming careee i could eat anything and everything without gaining much bulk. Well, 5 years later now im 26 and 295 lbs. I graduated, found a job, problem though i had to give up swimming. I continued eating like i was swimming which is essentially a 5,000 calorie diet. In the past year i have really started educating myself on diet nutrition and excersize. I am not in a career that gives me oppurtunities to swim and maintain a healthy lifestyle. If you want to add me as a friend i try to motivate as much as i am capable of. My real long term goal is to be able to get back in some type of competitive swimming shape. But before that is possible i want to be able to share my stories, my failures and successes on this healthy ride to a better living.

Best wishes and good luck,

Blake

Replies

• flashesswimming
    Options
    Sorry for the spelling errors, i am doing this from my phone, i did mean to say i am currently in a career that lets me swim and stay active.
  • jurgie18
    jurgie18 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    All to common. I went through the same thing but an injury took me out. Find a Masters program that you can swim with. I am a swim coach and its all about getting back in the pool and cracking out some yardage. You will feel so much better! Good luck, add me if you would like.