Has anyone else noticed . . .

Options
2»

Replies

• BrienJD
    BrienJD Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    When reach goal I am definitely NOT going to shave my head:bigsmile: ("sans upper body hair")

As for the rest, It would take too much manscaping..... I'll just stay furry.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    The reason a lot of people do it is it shows muscle definition better.

However, body hair removal for me would take about 2 hours to do the upper body (I'm 6ft5 and v. hairy). I don't like sunbeds and fake tan smells gross.

In short, I'll be hairy and pasty no matter how hench I get.
  • majasmi
    majasmi Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    not sure about the guys thing and the sans chest hair. but for the ladies and the bronzing, i'd think its just the exercising is getting them out more thus the tan. lots of ladies start out walking and then jogging. so yeah. perhaps that? if i'd lost weight i'd probably just be more evenly tanned cause i'd be walking around naked or near to that haha.
  • EmilyEmpowered
    EmilyEmpowered Posts: 650 Member
    Options
    My hair has changed alot, once I lost the first 85 pounds I cut it all off into a pixie cut, and have been wearing it short since. i am just now growing it back to see how I look skinny with long hair again! lol As far as tan, I dont purposefully tan, never really have with the exception of special events (such as being in a friends wedding and a trip that I wanted to be tan for) so my skin probably is about the same. But I am Italian and I naturally get pretty dark by the end of summer just from being outside.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    A darker complexion and hairless body really shows your muscle definition. Separation and striations are far more distinct and visible under these conditions.

beavis-butthead.jpg

such a vocabulary
  • Britterboo22
    Britterboo22 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Im definatley tanner but its because I do most of my workouts outside (Ie walking, swimming) I definatley have to say im taking advantage of the weather while its still summer. when I was larger I hated going out and sweating and now I love it...
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    tan and hairless>>>>>>>>>pale and hairy.
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Well, apart from being fair skinned and turning lobster shade easily, I have no intention of increasing my risk of skin cancer so no intentional tanning for me (and I don't like 'fake tan') no matter what size I am (or will be again)
    ... just saying ...
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    It's just because I found my after picture on google
  • xvxCelticWandererxvx
    xvxCelticWandererxvx Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I'm not at my goal yet but I haven't been this tanned since I was a teen. All natural from the good ol' sun and not lying out in it either. Just having fun :glasses:
  • dirtnap63
    dirtnap63 Posts: 1,387 Member
    Options
    It's just because I found my after picture on google

If you need any more just let me know. I've got a whole hard drive full of them.
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    Oh hell no! I love my pale complexion.
  • ShaniWulffe
    ShaniWulffe Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I will never purposely get tanner. I actually wish I was paler than I am now! In the middle of the winter, my skin sometimes gets so pale, I can see my veins on my sternum... I love that <3 It's gorgeous
  • AnnaMarieDinVa
    AnnaMarieDinVa Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    No way. I wear SPF 30 whenever I go outside, riding my horse, exercising, working in the yard -- you name it. I don't want wrinkles and leather skin when I get older.
  • El_Cunado
    El_Cunado Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    I have a natural tan & I will not shave my chest.
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    I do notice in the weight loss ads that they are tanner, have better hair, are wearing black, and have big boobies. Usually looks like some self improvement went on that wasn't as free as the weight loss.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I've actively gotten less tanned over the years as I've gotten increasingly paranoid of cancer due to a family history. So, hats and SPF 45+ all the time!

Thankfully, chest shaving has not been an issue. ;)
  • BigDougie1211
    BigDougie1211 Posts: 3,530 Member
    Options
    My goal is to shave my chest. Shows more definition thats why us men do it when we shredded to shreds of shred.

:brokenheart: Shame. I sometimes feel that I'm the only one left who prefers a hairy lumberjack.

HALLELUJAH!!
  • 122ish
    122ish Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I get it 100% heck I rarely shaved my legs while fat and didn't dye my hair for 7 yrs,

Oops I hit goal and even though I do get tans now its from actually putting on a bathing suit and swimming