Maintaining , weight gain, HELPP!

Options
I've been maintaining my weight for a few months now after losing 20 kg (44lbs). I usually try to eat healthy during the week and leave the weekends for my 'cheat days' -- However recently i've noticed a slight weight gain on the scale. I seem to be around 1kg (2lbs) heavier. I've been eating healthy and drinking plenty of water for the past week to try and bring it down to my usual weight but its still around 2lbs heavier. I'm starting to worry i've actually gained weight. Is it even possible for fluctuations to make your weight stay higher than usual even though you've been eating healthy and drinking plenty of water for the past week? I am so confused.

Replies

• psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    2 lbs is easily water weight. If it continues over 5 lbs than worry.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Anything under like 7-10lbs is water, if it continues to rise after say 1-2 weeks, take off like 150-200 cals and check your weight again in another 1-2 weeks
  • melodyjosie
    melodyjosie Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    (Sorry if this seems stupid) It's really doing my head in. I ate very healthy and drank a lot of water for a whole week but my weight still hasn't come back down to 110lbs. It still showed up that I am around 2lbs heavier. The part that is confusing me is that wouldn't my weight return to normal after a week of clean eating and drinking a lot of water?
  • Rachlmale
    Rachlmale Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm in the same boat as you, eating healthily through the week and being a little more lax at the weekend (not logging at all). I gain anything up to 5lbs every week but it's gone by the end of the week. I'd suggest not having a few weekends off just to get it back down again if you're worried. Well done on your loss :) x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    (Sorry if this seems stupid) It's really doing my head in. I ate very healthy and drank a lot of water for a whole week but my weight still hasn't come back down to 110lbs. It still showed up that I am around 2lbs heavier. The part that is confusing me is that wouldn't my weight return to normal after a week of clean eating and drinking a lot of water?

you should have a maintenance range, not one goal number to account for fluctuations... its 2lbs, ignore the scale, if you hadnt weighed yourself you probably wouldnt care!
  • purplepiggy1
    Options
    You've done the hard bulk of it. like others have said allow for a 1 or so kg movement area or you'll go nuts. Try and keep it natural, eat when your hungry and eat good stuff :)