Which seeds and Nuts are the best?

Options
I know some seeds or nuts an be fatty but which would be best to snack on, as i tend to snack when im bored, As much as i try not to i do lol. I have a very sweet tooth ( chocoholic) ;) and need something to eat instead of just grabbing a choc bisc. x

Replies

• BrunetteBabe101
    Options
    Try Chia seeds. They're small and u can put them on almost anything and they're great for u. Otherwise most nuts are good for u because of their good fats. Just don't get too carried away. Everything in moderation! : D
  • Oriole15
    Oriole15 Posts: 58
    Options
    The ones with a taste/texture you enjoy the most :-)

Beware though, they are very calorie dense and more-ish so it's easy to eat them mindlessly so measure your portion first and hide the packet away after that.
  • phoenixoncemore
    phoenixoncemore Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    As a fellow boredom-eater, I like pistachios and monkey nuts as you can't just grab a handful and eat - you have to crack the shells, keeping your hands occupied. :wink:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Many nuts and seeds contain good fats and some protein which is why they are great to eat. I'm a big fan of slivered almonds and ground flax seeds and often put them in my greek yogurt with fruit and some protein powder.
  • angiewf
    angiewf Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Chestnuts are the lowest nuts, but you need to roast them so it's a bit of a faff. Next lowest are almonds and pistachios, however all nuts are between about 600-700 calories per 100gm. Brazil nuts contain selenium, which is good for you, but you don't get many for your 100gms. Pumpkin seeds are a bit lower than sunflower seeds, but sunflower seeds contain good oil.If a bird's opinions count, my cockatiel will eat up the sunflower seeds in his food mix before anything else!