can you ever lose the csection "shelf" roll of fat?

Options
2»

Replies

• lauren3382
    lauren3382 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    In my experience, not completely. I had two c-sections and lost all the baby weight after both kids, but it has not entirely gone away and I suspect it won't. However, weight lifting has helped quite a bit, along with a fairly clean diet. I have an ab progress pic in my profile if anyone is interested. It doesn't show the c-section scar, but I'm pretty pleased with how far I've come above the scar line!!
    Wow Lauren, am almost inspired to take up weight lifting!

DO IT!!!! You will not regret the changes it will have on your body!!
  • angel2783
    angel2783 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I had C-section 16 months ago and had the same problems, so I went to YouTube to see if there were any ideas and body wraps popped up. After watching a few videos I bought the ingredients and started doing it and the results started to show, so now that I got it flat with just a little loose skin(which don't show with a bikini or low rise panties), I have started to add in exercising and dieting. Basically now my daily routine that I do every day is Rockin Body by Shaun-T dvd, 30 day abs challenge which consist of crunches, leg raises (this targets the lower abs), face down planks and side planks and I still add in body wraps for 45 mins from time to time. My family notice the drastic change in my mid-section quick, especially my twin sister who also had a C-section 20 months ago, so of course she jumped on the band wagon real quick :). Basically the body wraps break up all the fat and toxins in the body and it can also be done on other parts of your body. Hope this helps.
  • Nillabee
    Nillabee Posts: 7
    Options
    Loved reading this thread! I have the same issue!! I have been doing heavy weight lifting for 9 months, a fair amount of cardio, completed a Tough Mudder event (4 months after my c-section) and just started Insanity and that flab over my scar is still definitely there. I have noticed when I don't eat super healthy or fall off of the diet wagon for a few weeks it REALLY shows up. However, I kind of think that it is excess skin from the pregnancy being stretched out, then cut, and stitched back together (if that makes sense). All the comments on this have been great...looking into those body wraps!
  • Wanting2BSkinny
    Options
    I had 3 c-sections last one being 14 years ago. I've been doing Jillian Michael's 6 week 6 pack. I've noticed some improvement in my lower stomach. I always seem to gain first in my stomach but that little flap of skin isn't hanging quite as much. I don't expect it to be as tight as someone who has never had that type of surgery but only time will tell if it will lessen even more than it has. I can tell it's going to take a while but I'm going to keep at it.
  • dashe111
    dashe111 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad I found this post even if it is several years old! I've had 4 children over the last 8 years all via cesarean and never had a problem getting back to my abs and normal weight until my last child. I'm chalking it up to # of surgeries and age. I doubt it will ever be flat and 6-packed again