yummy storebought salad dressings? HELP!

Options
Hi everyone! :)
So I need suggestions for PREFERABLY a healthy, very low cal, delicious storebought salad dressing!!
If not..then I could do homemade..if it's easy..and cheap. lol. thanks!

Replies

• jentris
    jentris Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I love this dressing if you are Team Cilantro and have a Trader Joe's near you. If not, move on. :)

It is so delicious and a little goes a long way.

I also use Organicville's olive oil and balsamic dressing which is quite tasty.

http://www.traderjoes.com/fearless-flyer/article.asp?article_id=1120

ETA: I steer clear of fake stuff so it is rather hard with salad dressing.

I almost forgot one of my homemade faves! A little bit of sour cream and salsa mixed together. Very yummy!
  • missTarable
    Options
    My Favorite salad dressing EVER is Annie's Goddess. There is a light version that only has 60 calories per serving. It seriously is sooooo good.
  • candifeola
    candifeola Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    2 tablespoons olive oil, 1 lemon, salt, pepper.....so good (sometimes I add more lemon)
  • haw160
    haw160 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    feel free to look at my diary. I use several different salad dsg. One of my favorites is Olive garden low calorie dsg. I can only find it at Walmart though.
  • susieqday
    susieqday Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Makoto Ginger Dressing is awesome!
    I typically use a drizzle of balsamic and extra virgin olive oil, and some fresh cracked black pepper.
    Lemon juice and fresh chopped herbs go a long ways too.
  • msrootitooti
    msrootitooti Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Gazebo Greek dressing..
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Ken's light balsamic vinaigrette with honey
  • Geojerm
    Geojerm Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of anything made Newman's Own.... have a few I use instead of oil to flavour grilled veg

Plus all proceeds go to charity
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! :)
    So I need suggestions for PREFERABLY a healthy, very low cal, delicious storebought salad dressing!!
    If not..then I could do homemade..if it's easy..and cheap. lol. thanks!
    Not necessarily very low-cal, but all the calories are from olive and canola oil and a 90-calorie single tablespoon is enough for a very large salad. I love Newman's Own Olive Oil & Vinegar.
  • KristinD1977
    KristinD1977 Posts: 101
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms, all of them! Found in the produce section NOT dry shelving :)
  • favhrnstr
    favhrnstr Posts: 55
    Options
    We absolutely adore Cardini's light Greek vinaigrette! Only 50 cal/serving, with real chunks of feta! (Their light caesar is good and creamy, too.)
  • ambootcamp
    ambootcamp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse classic ranch - 45 cals for 2T or Aunt Mid's raspberry - 40 cals of 2T. Both are in the refrigerator section, and both are yummy :)
  • melaniehubbard
    melaniehubbard Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This dressing makes a fair amount.3 TBSP olive oil,1 TBSP balsamic vinegar and one TBSP digon mustard,mix and serve.My hubby adds a tsp of honey to the mix.
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I found this one and I am in LOVE with it. I always used to be a ranch, french or Italian dressing girl and it took me a while to find something low cal and low sodium that I liked. This is definitely it. You can get it in the grocery store or Walmart. Olde Cape Cod Lite sweet and sour poppyseed dressing. Don't let the name scare you, it's slightly sweet with a bit of tang and a great flavor. It has 80 cals per 2 TBS, 35mg sodium, 10g carbs, 4g fat and 0g protein.
  • deannakittygirl
    deannakittygirl Posts: 228 Member
    Options

I love this brand!
  • rahlpn
    rahlpn Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I almost forgot one of my homemade faves! A little bit of sour cream and salsa mixed together. Very yummy!
    [/quote]

I eat sour cream with picante sauce on my grilled chicken breast, mmmmm and only 55 cals!
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options

Yup, the Caesar Parm is to die for! All the flavors I have tries are good though.
  • tngirl37
    tngirl37 Posts: 11
    Options
    Newman's Own Lite Honey Mustard, 35 calories per TSP.
    Also fat free Greek yogurt thinned with a little water and add any spices you like.
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I make all my own dressings. It's super easy and all you need is oil and vinegar! Just keep the ratio of 3:1 (oil:vinegar). My current favourite is 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar, salt, pepper, and lemon or lime juice. Balsamic and red wine vinegars also make delicious dressings!
  • RllyGudTweetr
    RllyGudTweetr Posts: 2,019 Member
    Options
    Oil and apple cider vinegar.

I'm also a big Ken's Steakhouse Dressings fan, when I want both a dinner salad and some variety.