Retaining a lot of my water

Options
I used to drink so little water until maybe 4 days ago. i used to drink like 2 cups daily and lot sof juice or other drinks. Since, the start of this week I cut it all out. I've been drinking like 64oz and doing 45 minutes of cardio. It's nice being this hydrated but I think I am retaining all this water. I think my weight might have definitely gone up because of this so I am shying away from the scale. I'm really trying to be a bit thinner by the time I head back to school. I notice this retention because I wake up with my stomach feeling bloated. I can't see my ab definition as much either. I almost sort of feel "fat." It's discouraging because I want to stop since I'm not used to this habit. Should I just stick to it and let my body get used to the amount of water?

Replies

• mrswine
    mrswine Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Yes! I would say keep drinking. I notice when I first up my intake that I feel bloated, but then the bloat goes away after a couple days. Also.. what is your sodium intake like?
  • PeauxPeaux
    PeauxPeaux Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I had this experience a long time ago....

First I felt bloaty and sloshy. Then I started peeing every minute of my life. Then my body got used to it and I stopped feeling sloshy and began peeing a reasonable number of times.

Long term results included prettier skin and more energy working out.

edit: fixed a typo
  • jenf235
    jenf235 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Just stick with the water. It will all balance out and your body will get used to it.
  • A_Warrior_Princess
    A_Warrior_Princess Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Agreed. At first I was bloated and peeing all of the time, but now it is the only thing I drink and I no longer have those feelings. I usually drink about 14 - 8 oz glasses of water per day. I feel much better once I got rid of everything else I was drinking, plus it helps to flush out poisons out of your body - according to my chiropractor...Hang in there!
  • frailforfall
    Options
    Yes! I would say keep drinking. I notice when I first up my intake that I feel bloated, but then the bloat goes away after a couple days. Also.. what is your sodium intake like?
    Oh, maybe that is it! I was starting to watch my salt intake. But, I did have a minimal amount of my friend's homemade Jaimacan chicken (which I'm sure contained lots of salt). My meals might have contained a good amount too. For some reason, I've never really watched my sodium intake. I really need to start
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Definitely give it more time, your body's still getting used to the change.