Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Looking for running friends

Hi all, I've been on MFP since February and have lost 70lbs so far! I am training for my first 5K ins September and am starting week 5 of C25K today. I am looking for friends who run or are doing C25K, as I have SO many questions and would love to talk to folks who run as well. Please feel free to add me! Best of luck as you all start/continue this journey!

Replies

• Im a runner, but more of the sprinting type (100m 200m kinda thing) but ive run 5 mile races before so i do know a bit about long distance running if you need any help
  • 18lalune
    18lalune Posts: 6
    Added you!

My goal is to run 10k in 45 minutes. Won't be happening anytime soon but oh well
  • CorliJooste
    CorliJooste Posts: 12 Member
    Hi! I'm also doing C25K! hoping to run 10K by october! added you!
  • EdTheGinge
    EdTheGinge Posts: 1,616 Member
    Hey, doing first marathon in October
  • kate1103
    kate1103 Posts: 23 Member
    I'm not currently running, but I did a half marathon in January, and will begin training for a Spring marathon as soon as I get these last classes finished for school. Feel free to add me, I love runner MFP friends:)
  • khowlett1
    khowlett1 Posts: 41 Member
    I have done this program and it is awesome.. ran my first 5 k last month.. finixhed in 32!!! woohoo..It was so much fun... Sending you a friend request.... love to motivate and be motivated.... we can do this!
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Hey, I ran a marathon a few years back & am just easing back in to some 5k type running at the moment after a long term injury. I'll answer any questions anyone has, feel free to add me too.
  • brandypenny
    brandypenny Posts: 3 Member
    I just starting MFP yesterday and I am also training to run a 5K in August, can't wait!
  • jhmomofmany
    jhmomofmany Posts: 571 Member
    request sent :smile:

I've run a few races in the last couple years, but I've just had a baby so I'm starting with building my base almost from scratch. Hoping to be ready for a 10K in September and then my first half-marathon in the spring.

Anybody else looking for running pals, feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • Hi... just joined and looking to get some support and feedback from people who have been succesful with weight loss struggles and with beginning runners. I am signed up to run my firt 5k in October and am going to start C25K this weekend. a little nervous and excited all in one. Friends would be great!! :smile:
  • Dernbach235
    Dernbach235 Posts: 16 Member
    I ran my first 5K last Dec, my second in Feb. my third I'll be running next Tuesday. I'm also training for a half marathon. Feel free to add me all fellow runners!
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Wow, great response that I wasn't expecting. Thanks everyone, I've confirmed all requests so far!
  • KateRunsColorado
    KateRunsColorado Posts: 407 Member
    I'm a run-aholic!

I ran my first 5K just about a year ago (July 14, 2012), and have fallen in love with running because of it. I've since ran a few more 5K's, an 8K, 10K, a half marathon and a 25K trail run and am training for a 17.1 Mile Mountain Race in September and my first full Marathon in January! So I've come a LONG way in a year!

I still can't even imagine where I would be if I hadn't signed up for that 5K last year - it pretty much changed my life!!

So in conclusion, running is awesome and feel free to add me!

EDIT to add that I reached my goal weight in May, was maintaining it pretty well until I went on vacation last week and gained about 3 lbs back. Once I get that off, I'm primarily maintaining, but I do log on everyday and log my food almost everyday to hold myself accountable! I think it's important to stay motivated even after you hit your goal so you don't gain it back, which is so easy to do!
  • pbl1966
    pbl1966 Posts: 207 Member
    Feel free to add me. I am a runner and plan on doing my second 1/2 in the fall. I am not currently trying to lose but do try to log daily to maintain.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    FR sent. Anyone else is welcome to send me one as well!
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    I did Couch-to-5K almost 4 years ago. I run off and on depending on what event I've signed up for. A 10 mile trail race, and 62 mile adventure race (cycle, canoe, hike/run) are my two longest events. Contemplating...well mentally want to do a half marathon in the fall. But every time I commit to one something happens that keeps me from it. So we'll see what happens.

I'll FR you, and anyone else is free to add me.
  • bananahb33
    bananahb33 Posts: 28 Member
    Hello all. I have been running for a couple of years now, slowly building up my distance. Now I'm training for my first half marathon in Feb. Feel free to add me. :)
  • Teardrop81
    Teardrop81 Posts: 132 Member
    I'm running my first 5k in September! I would also love friends who are runners because this is something I will continue to do and try to improve! Seeing others that have accomplished goals that I have set is inspirational. Add me! :smile:
  • mjkanaan
    mjkanaan Posts: 78 Member
    I'm in the middle of week 6 of C25K right now, but heading on vacation tomorrow, so may have to come back from vacation and go back to week 5 or 6, as I'm not sure how the break will affect me. Really felt great with my run last night, of course, right before I leave. It's an awesome program! I never thought five weeks ago I'd be where I am now. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • thenoxus1
    thenoxus1 Posts: 56 Member
    Feel free to add. I do 5Ks weekly training wise. I'm currently on the path to a 12 miler in August and a half marathon come October. I run 4-6 times a week and am always around to ask questions to.