Back after two years

Options
emma6978
emma6978 Posts: 22 Member
SORRY THIS IS MY REAL PROFILE NOT A DUPLICATE POST I DELTELED THE OTHER ONE.

Hi, I'm Emma 35 and married to a wonderful husband who right now is my only cheerleader. I've recently have been dealing with a herniated disc that I reinjured a year ago with working out at Curves and currenty doing physical therapy and steroid injections. I'm hoping to find people that are really supportive and that live close so maybe can go walking (the only thing I can do right now). For the first time since grade school I have been bullied at my job (which I lost due to my back) and everytime I leave the house I have people saying horrible things to me like 'go kill myself', 'pathetic', and the one I hear the most is 'fat cow'. So to be honest it's been really hard to leave my home even to walk outside in the yard. I found a gym memebership that I still have from Charter but I'm terrified to leave the house. I'm hoping to find myself again. I used to be socialble, funny, not afraid to do things, and loved to sing, dance, and just enjoy the outdoors. Well good luck to all!!!

Replies

• Gabrielm80
    Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
    Options
    I posted on your other post
    Hey there. I heard you talk about a lot of negative things in your life, but I'm an optimist so I also saw a lot of great things in your life. First off wonderful you have some one who loves you. Your husband sounds like your rock, but sounds like you are at a point in your life you are your rock. I heard a fighter, although you are unhappy leaving the house because of some mean people you seem to be drawing a line in the sand. Good for you,. Feel free to join me in this fight. Ill be happy to have your back
  • goalss4nika
    goalss4nika Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Welcome back to the journey! Feel free to add me. I am about 4months and almost 35lbs down. I can motivate you from afar :flowerforyou: Let's do this
  • annakow
    annakow Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Welcome back...:)
    I was in denial stage for couple of years, finding reasons not to diet, not to exercise and excuses for being fat, I suffer inflamatory spine disease and underactive thyroid plus the thyroid damaged my leg's tissue to the stage there are visible holes in my legs:(
    I had always excuse not to diet....People say you need to change your mind to change your body....
    I lost 52 lbs and I feel great. I use to be on tramadol constantly, feeling pain...not a single tab taken since February.
    People say bad things because you let them....
    I don't come across as the nicest person but I am right, get to your diet girl !
    All those diseases come from being obese. You may not agree now, but one day you will lol
  • klb7882
    klb7882 Posts: 3
    Options
    I am not usually a responder so this is a little unusual for me to tell other people how I feel so bare with me. Some people are VERY ignorant. Please don't let there ignorance get the better of you. I have been chunky my whole life but never been picked on so I can't say that I know what you are going through but I have dealt with dumb people. I wish you the best with your weight loss and I will be cheering for you.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Someone actually says these things? They aren't worth listening to. First, you're not a fat cow. And second, they have no class. Put on headphones so you can't hear anything but the sound of great music that motivates you and walk out that door!

Don't let the *kitten* get you down. You got this!! (You can add me if you need a friend!)
  • Shameka84
    Shameka84 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Emma,

It took a lot of courage for you to write that message. Opening up is the first step. You have to believe that your life has purpose. You are valued and loved by God. People can be so cruel, but you have to remember that you matter. It is also great that you have the support of your husband. If you want a change in your life you have to stop worrying about what other people think and make it happen for yourself. We only live once. I pray for your success.
  • FitToFifty
    FitToFifty Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I am so sorry that you have heard those things! They are the ones who are pathetic - not you!!

A year and 1/2 ago when I started my weight-loss journey I could only do Wii Fit for 10 minutes. I still did it. Everyday. This is a very slow journey and you just need to remember that you are doing more today than you did yesterday.

I can remember that when I started running outside I was worried about the people driving by and what they were thinking/saying about me --- one day I was running (really slow jog actually) and I said to myself "I don't care what they think - I am doing this for me, and I bet a lot of them wouldn't make it out here doing what I am doing." When I went to my first 5K race in April of this year even though I had lost 40 pounds and was feeling like I didn't belong there. The people at the race were GREAT! They helped me by encouraging me and giving me a smile. I didn't finish the fastest, but I didn't finish last! \

Now I go out there and I know that I am doing it my way, on my time, for me. YOU will do the same. YOU can do this. YOU ARE WORTH IT!!!
  • silvergurl518
    silvergurl518 Posts: 4,123 Member
    Options
    you don't deserve to feel the pain you feel from hearing those terrible things. you are a real person and people seem to be treating you as anything but.

welcome back to MFP! we are here to support you, not make fun of you. i'm proud of you that you have the courage to make your wounds visible and to want to do something about your situation. be grateful that you have a wonderful and supportive husband.

please add me if you'd like. i'm a great friend, albeit a little sassy/naughty, but i cheer my friends on like a crazy adorable cheerleader!
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I once tipped the scales at 392. I was very large and was in denial on how big I really was. My wife convinced me to start working out with her and even got me to walk/jog with her. She got me to enter a team marathon where ever one on the team does a leg of the race. I recall how proud of myself, and my team that we completed the event. Then as we were walking out, this old man who was also over weight said "hey, big man you finished, you looked like you were going to die out there." I was so pissed. He too was fat; what gave him the right to say anything to me? At least I was out there running. He was on the sideline watching. I used the anger to get me to try harder. It may not work for everyone, but it work for me. The next year I ran the half marathon, and I ran the marathon the next three years. Now I'm 30 pounds from my goal weight.
    In the end only you can change you and what people say about you. I did it by eating a little less and working out a lot. As soon as that back of yours is better, push that walk to a run. Take up strength training. Get a trainer if you can afford it (remember your health is the more important than most thing you spend money on). Log everything and take the energy you're wasting feeling sorry for yourself and funnel it at working out. All my life I've fat, morbidly obese, and yeas a fat cow. I'm still over weight, but after losing 130 pounds I'm the happiest I've ever been in my life. You can do it. You can make all those people preaching heat eat their words when you're in better shape than them.
    Good luck to you!
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    bullies will say mean things, but they will say them if you are underweight, healthy weight or overweight, cause it is about them feeling powerful not about how you do or don't look.

Bullies say mean things because of something lacking in their lives.

Ignore them when you can, and when you can't ...channel that emotion into creating the life you want, not because they motivate you but because it's ok to be angry with them it's ok to get down right pissed off, but it's not ok to hurt yourself by neglecting your health.

Don't give bullies free rent in your head, and don't let their stupidity hurt your health.

You are here now and you have made a step in the direction of a healthier you, and for that you should be proud!. Welcome back to MFP. Feel free to add me.
  • emma6978
    emma6978 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all the support!! I reread what I put and I was having one of those REALLY bad days that I know everyone has. I guess after awhile I lived in deniel or just basically gave up after gaining the weight I had lost. I'm going through some major changes in my life and I'm not adjusting well to it so I was surprised I revealed as much as I did LOL but I guess I needed to let it out. Again thanks for being kind.