WOW... news from me to you!

Options
Hi everyone! I've been gone from this site for about 6 days. I just found out I'm PREGNANT! I am so excited... it's only about 5 weeks, so it's really early and I haven't told anyone yet (except my husband, of course) and don't really feel comfortable talking about it yet because of all the scares so early. But I had to share and write about it! I'm bursting at the seams. Our first doctor's appointment is on January 3rd, so hopefully all goes well. We just got married last April and about 2 months ago we started to "officially" try, so it was fast for us! YAY!

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you all. I probably won't be logging in as often, because now I'm all about the baby sites!!! :happy:

Replies

• katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I've been gone from this site for about 6 days. I just found out I'm PREGNANT! I am so excited... it's only about 5 weeks, so it's really early and I haven't told anyone yet (except my husband, of course) and don't really feel comfortable talking about it yet because of all the scares so early. But I had to share and write about it! I'm bursting at the seams. Our first doctor's appointment is on January 3rd, so hopefully all goes well. We just got married last April and about 2 months ago we started to "officially" try, so it was fast for us! YAY!

Anyway, I just wanted to share with you all. I probably won't be logging in as often, because now I'm all about the baby sites!!! :happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

All the best for your (both of your) health!

:flowerforyou:
  • stargirlie
    Options
    congratulations :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and your family!!!
  • katiechakos
    katiechakos Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you! I'm so scared... mostly just because I have NO IDEA what to expect. I've been reading non-stop on the different websites. I want to be healthy and provide the best "environment" for the wee one!
  • finkkm
    finkkm Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm sure you are going to be a great mom :heart:
  • Loretta_Jo
    Loretta_Jo Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! :flowerforyou:
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I am hoping to have news like that in the next few months! I am going back and forth between wanting a baby and wanting to lose weight. :laugh:
    Don't fret! It all comes rather naturally. The Baby Whisperer is a pretty good book to read by the way.
    Best wishes!
    Melissa
  • neverbeenskinny
    neverbeenskinny Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, best wishes to you and yours. :flowerforyou:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Congrats Katie!!!!
    Yay!!!
    I am so happy for you.
    I know of a great baby site similar to thos one that helps you track your foods, weight, exercise...
    I used it with my second pregnancy and gained only 20 pounds.
    www.babyfit.com
    Check it out!

~Joanna:flowerforyou:
  • barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Yay yay yay!!! I'm so happy for you!

Congratulations and good luck, and don't worry, we won't tell anyone! :wink:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Wow! Merry Christmas to you! I am soooo excited and happy for you.:flowerforyou:

My reading recommendation is "What to Expect When You're Expecting". I didn't want to spend the money on it so I would read a chapter at a time in the bookstore while my husband shopped. I will warn you, some people find it intimidating because it's very blunt and presents the spectrum of possibilities, but I found it rather accurate.

Don't stop coming here! Pregancy mobilizes body fat (the reason we have extra hip/thigh fat) during these upcoming months. I was still able to run (o.k., waddle rapidly) at 7 months. Don't give in to the "I'm pregnant and can eat anything I want" mentality. It's hard, but you can do it. :smile: I can't wait to use/have this site support for the next pregnancy!
    Merry Christmas!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Katie, I'm so happy for you. Congratulations to both of you on the baby. Keep in touch even though you are immersed in baby sites to let us know how you are doing.:flowerforyou: ~Karen