TIRED OF ALL THE NEGATIVITY!

Options
I'm pretty tired of seeing/hearing a lot of negativity about my weight loss and other's weight loss in general.

Do people really feel the need to ask me if I'm starving myself,
or if I had gastric bypass or lapband and didn't tell anyone?

I have lost 61lbs total... 25 in January of 2010 and then I gave up and didn't start again until June 6, 2010.
Since June 6, 2010 I have lost 38lbs, and people just can't seem to believe my answer when I say,
"Nope No secrets. Just counting calories and exercising every damn day."

Also, why do people feel the need to remind me that my weight loss is going to slow down?
Do they not think that I already know this, or that I haven't lost weight before and seen this myself?
It's like they want to say,
"Thats great you've lost so much, but you know you're going to be losing less and less... just FYI."

NO WAY! I HAD NO IDEA! I HAVEN'T HEARD THAT A THOUSAND TIMES, THANKS FOR THE NEW INFORMATION DOUCHE!

So yes, I eat healthy.
Yes, I go to the gym everyday.
Yes, I eat 1200 calories a day and I burn anywhere from 250-500 at the gym on any given day.
I drink nothing but water or crystal light,
and my biggest secret is the nutritionist that I go to once a month and the gym partner that I have (MFP username Racheltneudecker) that never misses a workout date at the gym EVERY SINGLE DAY OF THE WEEK.

So please everyone... calm down with the killjoy comments and keep on with the positive ones.
I love this site and 99% of the people on it!

Replies

• Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    I'm not sure if this was a vent about ppl in your life or directed at other users....

Anywho if it's ppl in your life, I would turn and ask them how much they lost how long it took them and ask them for tips :laugh:
    This is of course asuming that they haven't lost a thing and just like to run their mouths.

If it's users on here....well, I'm sure theres a way to block them :flowerforyou:
  • gvcgoldmedal
    Options
    They are negative about it because in their mind there has to be a secret way to lose weight, other wise they have no excuse for busting their *kitten* like you do. So they over compensate by trying to drag you down to make it easier on themselves for not being dedicated and motivated like you. Just my opinion.
  • ammknits
    Options
    Way to Go!!!
    Congrats!!

I'm jealous, I can't seem to be that dedicated for more than an hours worth of intentions. :-)

And just to be sarcastic and hopefully make you smile, not wince........

;-) you know you'll put it all right back on too. When you lose it that fast, of course!!!!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I must admit that I do hate it when people say, "How do you do it?" and I say... diet and exercise. Then they look at me like I just shot their dog. What? No magic pill? No easy diet? No clicking of the heels? Then they follow it with a list of excuses as to why they can't do it too. I'm always supportive, offer suggestions, and invite them to gym class but I would rather just not talk about it. Funny, no one ever wanted to talk about weight when I was 40 pounds heavier.
  • billgiersberg
    Options
    The people you are hearing that junk from may just simply be jealous. They just don't want to admit that you have the will-power and determination to do what they know they should do for themselves. So instead of building you up, they try to drag you down. There is an old saying.... Misery loves company. Don't let them drag you down. It's the quiet girl in the corner who never says anything that you may be inspiring right now. Mostly what I see where I work is my co-worker's don't notice or say anything other than one. They don't want to talk about it but then I'm starting to notice they need to lose a lot of weight themselves.

Its Hard To Soar Like An Eagle When Surrounded By Turkeys!!
    Winners have dreams. Losers have schemes.
  • megssdsu
    Options
    Just wanted to send a congratulations your way! I too like to focus on the positive, and hey, guess what, you're busting your butt and it shows. So congratulations!! There will always be negative people around, but you just need to focus on the ones who are positive. My bet would be the negative ones are jealous of your success. You're doing it the safe and healthy way, and maybe they aren't up for the challenge. I also like that you have someone just as committed to exercise with. It makes it a little easier.

Congrats on sticking to your goal, putting forth all the effort, and coming closer to your goal. And when you finally reach (and maybe exceed) your final goal, you can wear some hot outfit and show off your hard work. Maybe then they'll be speechless instead of commenting negatively. :)
  • J_baby90
    Options
    I started on june 6th too and have lost almost 30, I could have lost more but I had my rough days when I skipped working out! You are an example of the fact that it IS possible if you stick with it!!! this is what I think...Everyone is just jealous. The overweight people and the skinny people. The overweight people are jealous because they wish they were doing as good as you, and the skinny people because they feel inferior cause they already know your prettier than they are and they don't want the attention taken away from them!!! You go girl!! :)
  • modify24
    modify24 Posts: 12
    Options
    Ignore um! Congrates on your weight loss :)
  • LosingLbsAndGainingConfidence
    Options
    *LIKE*
  • auntpancake
    Options
    My therapist, and yes I have one to help me through tough times, says that when someone starts talking in a negative manner, to just think of it all as a load of crap but put a funny word on it. My word is Hoopla. I just love the word and it makes me smile, so I am being positive when others are trying to bring me down. I am at the beginning of my weight loss and you are an inspiration to keep going. I have to say, I told my friends and family at the beginning that I didn't want any advice or comments about how good I was looking. I just wanted them to help me by having things I could eat if they invite me over. So far, that has worked and helped. But again, I am just getting started.
  • Ready4Changes
    Options
    I have run into this too. For the most part they are jealous either cause they can't do it or they know you will look better than them when your finished :). I have actually been very sarcastic to these type of people. I do tend to lose weight fast as well and have on occaision told people I starve myself when they ask what my secret is lol. I used to be on the weight watchers forums and used to get hell from people cause they only recommend like 3-7 pounds a month. I have news for you if I am only gonna lose 3-7 lbs a month I'll stay fat lol. Most people that have tried to lose weight want a miracle drug not to exercise and eat right. I have also heard the comment of your looking too skinny when I was able to get thinner. And the crazy thing was I still had 50-60lbs left to go. UGH People just be happy and only positive thoughts please. I have seen a few on here as well.
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I dropped a bunch of weight I told one snippy little twit I worked with that I was sacrificing a newborn every full moon. She started a rumor that I was on crack, I got pulled in and drug tested.... she got a 3 day suspension for causing a hostile work enviornment!
  • Jenks
    Jenks Posts: 349
    Options
    Years ago when I dropped a bunch of weight I told one snippy little twit I worked with that I was sacrificing a newborn every full moon. She started a rumor that I was on crack, I got pulled in and drug tested.... she got a 3 day suspension for causing a hostile work enviornment!

OMG....I love that, will you be my new BFF :flowerforyou:
  • dadidito
    dadidito Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    They are trivial as they should be. Obviously you are doing whats right for you. I'm one of the 99% of people that wish you only success and positivity in your goals.
  • Claudeadams
    Options
    you must be a Stern fan . . .I recognize the Tracey reference. Congrats on the weight loss. Screw everybody else, you're not losing the weight for them anyway.