Hi! Need a new bod to go with the new life!

Options
Just wanted to introduce myself!

I'm new to My Fitness Pal, but not to weight loss - I'm a total stress eater with no metabolism whatsoever. 10 years ago (post college) I weighed 185, lost 50+ lbs and happily hung out at 130ish (my healthy weight) for nearly 8 years. Gained a little over time, but was never over 140, so didn't stress it.

Last year was different. In the beginning of 2009, I was unhappy in my relationship, unhappy in my living situation, unhappy in my job - you name it, it wasn't good.

I got divorced, changed careers, and moved from Minneapolis, MN, to Santa Monica, CA. I've never been happier or felt more like I was living the authentic life I always wanted.

Unfortunately, all that stress did nothing for my figure. I'm back up in the 180's and quite annoyed about it. I'm logging on here because I know that the only way I can do this is by logging everything I eat, and I also wanted to be part of a community that will help me to be accountable. I look forward to sharing this journey with everyone!

Replies

• princesspurple
    Options
    You have changed many things in your life for the better, no doubt in this mind of mine that you can change your weight!

JUST DO IT! I know you can!
  • mtizy
    mtizy Posts: 38
    Options
    this place is awesome. logging the food really helps because before you eat something bad you have to think about logging it! good luck on your journey back to healthy.
  • amwj313
    amwj313 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This site is great. You can definitely do this, look at all you have already done!!
  • truckerchic
    truckerchic Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on the start of a new life, I to after many years of unhappiness have finally found the life I have always wanted. Now with my head and heart being in the right place it is time to get my body there also.
    After all you have been thru this will be a piece of umm fruit ya much better for you than cake hehe...smiles
  • pelumi1209
    Options
    :laugh: i belive you can do it. look at all you'be accoomplished so far, so be happy with yourself nd you can do anything. whoo!! go you!!:flowerforyou:
  • pelumi1209
    Options
    :laugh: i belive you can do it. look at all you'be accoomplished so far, so be happy with yourself nd you can do anything. whoo!! go you!!:flowerforyou:
    sorry an accident didn't mean the second post.
  • amscobra
    amscobra Posts: 73
    Options
    Welcome! this is a GREAT site to help you see what it is your doing wrong AND right. There is tons of support here and with all you've gone through I can see you have what it takes to get what you want. We are all here to support each other, add me as a friend if you wish. I am all about support systems.
  • Hughes39
    Hughes39 Posts: 169
    Options
    Welcome! Congrats on the new life! This is a wonderful place! full of support and encouragement!!
  • zeteticgamin
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement, everyone!! So good to know we're in this together!
  • SamanthaT01
    SamanthaT01 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! You have made amazing strides in your life and should be so proud! If you need any support or encouragement here is definitely where it is at!

You CAN do anything!
  • princesspurple
    Options
    By the way-it is a new month:)
  • JWruns
    JWruns Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    amen! i passed up a donut today at work just because i didn't want to type it in and "admit" it!