Veteran and Mommy looking for support!!

Options
My name is Stacy and I'm new to this site! I am a mommy of five (16, 12, 4, 2 and 11 months) and a two time veteran. I am still in the military and I need to lose this baby weight to remain fit, healthy and in military compliance!!! I am 37 and am lookinig for support to get me through these tough 50-70 pounds....I know I can do it, but would love a cheerleading team to help me along!!

Replies

• ScramblesDD
    Options
    Being both the veteran and mother I know you definitely got the gumption, you got this! You just need a little push start and momentum. This is a great site to get that started. I'm also a vet and went through some stuff and gained some weight but but lost it just like you will.
  • stupidwilliams
    Options
    Not sure if I can cheerlead but I will definitely help you through it! Being a mom and trying to lose weight is difficult, but I know you can do this!
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    You can definitely add me to your list. I am a mom of four( 17,13,12,5), I've been married for almost 15 years. I am a former Marine, although just a reservist, but none the less once a Marine always a Marine. I've recently lost weight and I have about 22lbs to go. I'm more than willing to motivate you as best as I can!
  • lynnroschi
    Options
    You can add me. I have four children (2,5,7,8) and am looking to lose around 45 lbs. Where are you stationed? How often would you like to "compare notes"?
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    You are awesome being a mom and serving ! you WILL do this! Feel free to add , Thank you for your service!
  • kpeck40
    kpeck40 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    First off, thank you for your service! Second, welcome. I too am new and was working on getting up the nerve to post an intro, but felt compelled to respond to yours. I am a veteran as well, and have been out of the Navy's Silent Service for just past 13 years, having spent 10 years in. After years of struggles with smoking, I am clean and working on getting back to my Navy weight. Feel free to add me at will. I have around 50 more to lose, and it would be good to build up a good support system here.