will shoe size change?

Options
hey this is a strange question but..
need to buy a pair of dress shoes for an event 3 months from now. iplan on dropping 25 lbs by then, which I've never done before.
want to buy them now, will my shoes size change>
I am wondering should I buy a half size down?

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I don't know at exactly what point, weight loss wise, my shoe size changed, but it definitely did. I went from a 10 to a 9. It has made me very sad actually, because I loved my shoes :(

Honestly, your best option might be to wait and buy them closer to the time of the event.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options
    I would wait. My shoe size went down with 25 lbs to the same shoe size that I had when I was at that weight.
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1038518-how-much-did-your-feet-shrink
  • spmcavoy1
    spmcavoy1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't think that only 25 lbs will change your foot length/width entirely. I'd just buy your current size and get those heel grips to add into the heel to give some extra padding if they're a touch too big.
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    As a runner, my shoe size actually went up a half-size, even when dropping weight.
    There are really just too many variables for anyone to give you a real answer. I'd say, if you have a pair that looks über-cool on you, buy them in your current size but save the tag, box, receipt and all, so you can exchange if you need a smaller size later.
  • Brad805
    Brad805 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I don't think most will find the length of their foot changes, but you might notice the width will. We do store fat there too.
  • dandelyon
    dandelyon Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I'm 80 pounds less than I was at 9 months pregnant and my feet are roughly the same size, minus some width. My feet are still wide, but I can get away w/ buying regular width that run wide, right off the shelf, rather than special ordering, so that's nice.
  • whatjesseats
    whatjesseats Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    If you really want to buy now, and the retailer has a good return policy, buy 2 sizes--your current size and a half size smaller. When you get closer to the date you can return the one you don't need. Your feet may shrink, or they may not. Personally I'm down one full shoe size after losing more than 50 pounds.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    If you want to buy them now to tie up the money, check the stores return exchange policy. Most are around 90 days so make sure of that, hang on the the receipt, choose a store that shows NO SIGNS of going out of business, and choose a style that's classic and they seem to always have. That way you can go down a size if need be.

Alternatively you can tie up the money in a gift card from that store and use it later to choose a pair, but again, only buy from a store that shows NO SIGNS of going out of business. Like a major retailer with tons of stores that have been opening more locations not closing any. Because I've heard bad stories of unusable gift cards.

Or put the money in a secret place that only you know about. Only write yourself a reminder note that you keep in your wallet because I once moved out of an apartment and left some secret stash money in the curtains. Yikes!

But yeah, 25 lbs and 3 months things could change. What I wanna know is... are there spot reducing exercises I can do to make my feet a petite size 5 like cinderella?

Now you owe me one....can I see the shoes? You got a pic?
  • jmelindy
    jmelindy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The reason I want to buy them now is because I LOVE them, must have them, and I am afraid they won't be around in the fall.
    here they are...
    http://www.lechateau.com/style/jump/Patent-Strappy-Platform-Sandal/productDetail/EDITORS'-PICKS/302242/catsfr51007?navAction=jump&navCount=0&categoryNav=true&selectedColor=Nude

but i want black..Think I'll hedhe my bets and go a half size down :)

thanks everyone!!!
  • angela9887
    angela9887 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    yes! mine did. i went from a 9 (which i had been in that shoe size since i was probably 10) to an 8!
  • pluckabee
    pluckabee Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I think that depends on you. Did you used to be a smaller shoe size as an adult? If so you are likely to drop down again.

However, a strappy shoe like that? You might want to hedge closer to your current shoe size.
  • agdyl
    agdyl Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    My feet haven't changed size with a 30lb weight loss.

They did actually INCREASE about half a size from doing a lot of yoga, but that's more that they got wider and un-scrunched up like they had been for most of my life.
  • MsLaurenNY
    Options
    I completely agree with the poster above me. Strappy shoes tend to run on the smaller side as it is (especially for people that don't have narrow feet!), atleast that's my experience. Looking at that shoe (which is beautiful by the way!) I am usually a 7 1/2 sometimes an 8; I would personally go with the 8 and even maybe 8 1/2 for comfort and put in a foot pad if its a little loose. The length of your foot will not change and you don't want your heel hanging off the edge. If your foot slims down a bit then you could always add a ball of the foot pad and that should make them fit perfect. I would go with your current size! Good Luck!:happy:
  • mandapanda721
    Options
    I would be careful buying clothes that you plan to fit into. Sometimes you might not get what you expect.
    I lost 20 lbs and went from a size 8 to a 7.5
    Not really a big difference so I think you'll be fine with your current shoe size.
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Mine certainly did. I went up a 1/2 of size after having a child, and stayed that way for 9 years. I dropped my first 20-25 pounds and a 1/2 shoe size. None of my shoes fit me. Heel grips are a pain and I am buying new ones at my new size little by little. I have very narrow feet anyway and am not sure if that played into it.
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I am not sure if 25 lbs will make your feet shrink, I know that I've went from a size 8 to a size 6.5 in shoes some 7's depends on the shoe. But I didn't start to notice my shoes getting bigger till about 70-80 lbs gone.
  • QueenofScott
    QueenofScott Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    My shoe size didn't change.
  • 1longroad
    1longroad Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Mine has changed!! All of my shoes got too big at 25 pounds lost, now I am swimming in them.
  • stephenson2012
    stephenson2012 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I have lost 39 pounds and am down half a shoe size. So sad. It is so difficult to find comfortable shoes for my feet.
  • SezxyStef
    SezxyStef Posts: 15,268 Member
    Options
    Mine has changed!! All of my shoes got too big at 25 pounds lost, now I am swimming in them.

This and it bugs me cause I love my shoes..it was only half a size so I stuff the toe with something but still the open toed one's I can't.