Insanity by Beachbody??

Options
Hi: I would really like to try the Insanity workout. I am wondering how many people have done it, and at what point in your weight loss did you try it and what kind of shape you were in to begin with? I am hoping to start in mid-October to help with the holiday season snackage.....

Replies

• AnnElizabeth11
    Options
    I did insanity about 3 months ago and i did it for 60 days. i lost 3" and 5lbs and i put my blood sweat and tears into that workout everyday. I ate healthy and watched what i ate and drank plenty of water. It wasn't a good turn out for me and i was in pretty bad shape. BUT i've seen other people do it, my mother in law lost 20lbs doing it and she was already fit as it was. I'm trying to get my weight down first before i try again, going to give it another shot. It is REALLY hard, but it will improve your overall stamina and endurance within the first 3-5 days guaranteed.
  • kirstienotman
    kirstienotman Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I did the 'Beach body: Slim in six' which isn't as intense but still a fantastic work out. You can see and feel the benefits.
  • britzzie
    britzzie Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I was in pretty good shape to start (running 3 miles daily) but only completed the first half of the program. It was really hard on my knees and ankles. I never had issues with these joints before, but after the first week, I would get shooting pain when I was working out and spend a couple days recovering then go back. I stopped doing the program altogether when the pain started happening in my daily life and not just during the workouts. Decided to do something that wasn't so obviously damaging and hard to sustain. That being said, I really enjoyed the intensity of the workouts and pushing myself beyond what I thought were my limits. My endurance and stamina also greatly improved.
  • tali00
    tali00 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am on day 11 and love it. I am in pretty good shape, ran 3 miles 3-4 a day and have done a couple of 10ks and one 1/2 marathon. It is a difficult work out but I have managed to do almost all of it. So far I am down 2 lbs, but feel much more fit. I got on the treadmill yesterday at lunch to see if I can tell an improvement on my running and after only 10 days of Insanity, 10 minute miles were a lot easier than they have been.
  • nicola1812
    nicola1812 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    bump
  • myfitnesslife75
    myfitnesslife75 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've wondered about Insanity, too. I see it in Walmart and it's pretty costly. I realize there's quite the bundle in there so it must be worth it..... right? :smile:
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I have done Insanity, and lost 17 lbs my first round. I was working out probably 3 times a week before starting, but I was not in great shape. So it's really what kick started my weightloss and I really love it. Definitely think it's worth it!
  • jennycasper
    jennycasper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have a week and a half left in the program. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!! Like one of the other posters, I was running three miles a day and yet the first workout had me panting and gasping. I have been pretty good at staying within my calorie goal and at the halfway point had lost 5 pounds and 3 inches off my love handles.
    My friends gush about how good I look and I feel much more prepared for the Spartan Sprint in three weeks. I borrowed the disks from a friend but will not hesitate to buy my own copy, maybe even the Asylum version.
  • ryry_
    ryry_ Posts: 4,966 Member
    Options
    I think it could happen
  • kaleena1983
    kaleena1983 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I have three days left. Before I started, I was in pretty good shape. I did (and still do) a lot of strength training (Olympic weightlifting, etc.) but didn't have a good cardio program. I've lost 9 pounds since starting it. I've lost lots of inches and feel faster and stronger. My only issue with it has been a lot of knee pain, but I already have a bad knee to begin with. I wouldn't recommend it to someone that is just starting to work out for the first time, because it is intense and could be discouraging. I think this is best for people that are familiar with working out and working up a good sweat! I still have about 20 lbs of fat that I want to lose and will be continuing to do the workouts but with a modified schedule.
  • SarahAnna87
    SarahAnna87 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback! I appreciate it.