One year and almost 70lbs. pics

Options
pudgeylou
pudgeylou Posts: 202 Member
I had hoped to be able to write my success story before the 1 year mark but unfortunately I still haven’t reached my goal. So instead I am posting my 1 year progress and hopes for the future.
I have been stuck at a plateau now for about three months which has become frustrating but I have come so far that I have not lost hope.
On July 12, 2012 I had decided that enough was enough. I was on a couple different high blood pressure meds, I had constant knee and back pain. I couldn’t sleep, my own snoring and what I believe was sleep apnea, waking me up regularly. At 243lbs I was absolutely miserable. I wouldn’t leave my house except to go to work. I wouldn’t go to my kids’ school activities for fear of people I knew seeing me. I had always been overweight but I wasn’t myself any more.
I started slowly, mostly walking and trying weight loss shakes. The weight loss shakes only lasted about 2 weeks as I decided I didn’t like drinking most of my meals. Then I joined a gym and hired my personal trainer, Hali. She was my miracle. She introduced me to MFP, and told me to log everything. I logged my food, read forums, learned about proper nutrition, met so many wonderful encouraging people on MFP and worked with Hali regularly. I found other ways to exercise that kept me interested, and found out that eating some of the things I loved in moderation wasn’t a sin or a failure on my part and slowly was able to change my lifestyle.
I had so many wonderful moments along the way but one of the best was when my 7 year old daughter hugged me around the waist and said, “Mommy, I can hug you more now! My arms go all the way around!” I almost cried. She loved that I was able to carry her up the stairs to bed, when for so long knee and back pain and my own weight kept me from carrying her anywhere. She loves that I go swimming, biking, and walking with her now. My life is finally what it should be. The best part of my weight loss isn’t the smaller clothes, the admiring looks from strangers, or even the health benefits. For me the best part of my weight loss is becoming a person again, participating in life, and seeing the happiness in my children because mommy is right there with them now. I am so happy now that I wish I had been strong enough to have done this years ago.
Now for the part that everyone looks for. I wouldn’t post my before pictures on my profile for so long because I was ashamed. Now I am proud to show people where I started, and that I was strong enough to get this far, and I’m not done yet! I would like to lose roughly another 25 lbs but as long as I am strong and healthy we will see where I end up.

Before 243 - one year ago
Front_zps9a0ec47d.jpg

Side_zps99dca518.jpg

Today 176
176july2013_zps7822b1cf.jpg

176-2july2013_zps5d138570.jpg

Replies

• InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    Great progress! You should be very proud of how far you have come. :flowerforyou:
  • rosarenee1
    rosarenee1 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Like an entirely new person! Keep it up!!
  • dmspenc
    dmspenc Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing! Great Job!
  • SarahRose35
    SarahRose35 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! I love that the day you decided to change is actually my birthday :)
    You should be really proud of yourself, you've done amazing & you look fantastic!
  • kizzyb1977
    kizzyb1977 Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look excellent!
  • kayaksara
    kayaksara Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Fabulous! Great Job!
  • chelledawg14
    chelledawg14 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    Ditto the others - congrats and you look great!!!!
  • KellySue67
    KellySue67 Posts: 1,006 Member
    Options
    Fantastic Job!!! You look great. It's great to be able to do more too!
  • k1229
    k1229 Posts: 135
    Options
    wow!!!! xx
  • melaniemart89
    melaniemart89 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!
  • Mythril
    Mythril Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Wow! You're so cute! I love your outfit, you are rockin' it! That's what I'm looking forward to! Great job! Thanks for the inspiration!
  • bserwack
    bserwack Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!! Cute jeans :)
  • cwojo
    cwojo Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    You look incredible. Keep up the great work.
  • ccsick
    ccsick Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing, congrats!
  • scarrletti_girl
    scarrletti_girl Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    wow that is an amazing transformation!!! you look wonderful. :smile:
  • itzehoe
    itzehoe Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    AMAZING!
  • Rocki_
    Rocki_ Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    WELL DONE!!! Keep up the great work!!! :-)
  • valeriemcmichael77
    Options
    You show that it can be done!!!! Nice work!!!
  • slbrown5
    slbrown5 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is wonderful! Best wishes for your continued success!
  • The_GingerBeard_Man
    The_GingerBeard_Man Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Great post and dont lose hope.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!