Headaches & lightheaded :(

Options
Hey all!

So for a while now I have been having headaches, feeling tired, light headed, having occasional stomache pains, and sometimes feel nauseous. I have no clue what's wrong with me :( I always make sure I eat enough and am trying to drink more water. I workout about 3 x a week but nothing too intense.

I am not trying to diagnose myself or anything, but I am wondering if I may have a gluten intolerance? I am going to try to go gluten free for a month to see the difference it makes. I don't know what else could be wrong.

Any ideas?

stats: 110lbs, 5"2'

Thanks,

Rachel

Replies

• _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Could you be pregnant?
  • whitney_simpson
    whitney_simpson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    doctor?
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    Absolutely not! There is literally no way ;) haha
  • addean1
    addean1 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Low iron? Check with your dr.
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    Yeah, I thought about making an appt. I just don't really know what they would do or say since my symotoms are kinda vague. If it is a gluten intolerance, they would just say go without it a few weeks to see the difference. If I feel the same way next week, I will make an appt. Something's gotta give, I feel terrible! I was in a kickboxing class last night and couldn't even finish the class because I felt so lightheaded and dizzy :/
  • colvin14
    colvin14 Posts: 4
    Options
    Maybe you have low blood glucose (sugar). Do you feel better after you eat?
    :flowerforyou:
  • Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Before you start messing around with your diet I would go to the doctor and have a physical. I would get fasting glucose, cholesterol, iron levels etc. and also ask about being tested for celiacs of gluten intolerance. Gettign lightheaded and headaches is not something to mess around with and put off. Go to the doctor and get it checked out.
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    I thought about that, too. I usually get even more tired after I eat.
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    Thanks, I will definitely do that. I appreciate your advice!
  • colvin14
    Options
    I agree with you. She needs bloodwork done.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    It would be really helpful if you could open your diary.

Your profile says you eat 'clean'. How exactly do you interpret that? (I am only asking because some food groups clean eaters exclude can leave them lacking in certain nutrients)

I'm sorry I can't help any more really until your diary is open.
  • colvin14
    Options
    Let me know what the doctor saids. I'm a nurse and I just wonder what is going on with you. Thanks and take care of yourself!
  • operation_cute
    operation_cute Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Hey all!

So for a while now I have been having headaches, feeling tired, light headed, having occasional stomache pains, and sometimes feel nauseous. I have no clue what's wrong with me :( I always make sure I eat enough and am trying to drink more water. I workout about 3 x a week but nothing too intense.

I am not trying to diagnose myself or anything, but I am wondering if I may have a gluten intolerance? I am going to try to go gluten free for a month to see the difference it makes. I don't know what else could be wrong.

Any ideas?

stats: 110lbs, 5"2'

Thanks,

Rachel

Have your blood pressure tested.. your symptoms sound like mine when I'm getting low blood pressure, and there worse when trying to get through a workout :p Do you ever feel like your going to pass out, feel flushed and overly warm all of a sudden while your starting to feel dizzy and have the stomach aches?
  • mssierra2u
    mssierra2u Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Go to the doctor. But also, maybe your calories are set too low, or not enough protein? I hope you feel better soon!
  • danwood2
    danwood2 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Have you changed your sweetner to Stevia or Truvia? I only say this because I did with my coffee and was ingesting a few packets a day. After a month of usage, I would get these massive headaches and actual dizziness... I cut them out and it stopped, so if you look at side effects, you will see that dizziness and the symptoms that you listed out are actually listed.
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    thanks, I will open it now!
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    yeah, I do think my blood pressure is low. I do feel that way sometimes.
  • ironmaidenchick
    ironmaidenchick Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I had the exact same symptoms when I had trouble with my gallbladder, but it could be anything really so a full check up from your doc is what I would do :-)
  • Spazgirl0228
    Options
    my calories are set around 1300 and I always eat back my exercise cals.
  • canuckjz
    canuckjz Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    What about anxiety or depression? Those symptoms sound like my anxiety disorder...