does any one else love classes?

Options
lausa22
lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
My gym offers so many amazing classes! I wish I could fit them all in. Today is yoga and kickfit! But there's also kettlebells and circuit training too, so some weeks ill switch them around :)

Does anyone else love their gym classes? What are your favourite classes? how much do you think it helped with losing weight/ fitness?

Im looking forward to becoming more flexible because of my classes, as well as losing a bit of weight!;)

Replies

• caitlinen
    caitlinen Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I just stick to weights in the gym. I will do the occasional indoor waking class (elliptical) though... maybe once every month.
  • DreamOfSunshine
    DreamOfSunshine Posts: 911 Member
    Options
    I do love them! Just can't help it and some weeks I have problems deciding which one to go to ( something I would never believe I would say only 6 months back :noway: ) Aqua Combat, Body Balance, GAP, you name it...

My definitely fav one is Body Combat, not only coz it's high intense cardio, but also coz it takes all the daily stress away. But I just started Cycling ( also love it ) and soon will do Body Pump regulary.

But from what I hear ... it's a good idea to spend more time on strenght training with weights in the gym :)
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Oh I will still be going the gym too! No doubt about that! But I just think classes will give me a chance to work on things I've always wanted, like yoga, kickboxing, general fitness, those types of things :) I love my weights at the gym I will definitely still go!

I want to try body pump too! We have a body combat at this gym on Friday so I will be going tomorrow ;)
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    Options
    I love classes. My favourite is group step
  • Whipppets
    Whipppets Posts: 267
    Options
    I would say in this order
    1 Body pump helped me with biceps, triceps and legs
    2 Spin for endurance
    3 Cardio kick for balance and co-ordination
    4 zumba to be with my wife.
  • Brummig
    Brummig Posts: 94
    Options
    I go through phases. I've had a bit of a confidence blip over the last month or so, so have done more classes to keep me motivated, If I go1 15 mins before a class, I know I'll work that 15 and then the 30 of the class whatever else. I love the freestyle classes they do as they give me lots of ideas for new things to try.
  • Ajloves2run
    Ajloves2run Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I am addicted to group fit classes and would take them all if I could. In our gym we have the most awesome instructors! They motivate like no other!
    The interval training classes have the best calorie burn, I think. I sometimes feel the trap that people might fall into is thinking that just because they spent 1 hour in a class that they can consume a ton of calories after. They might also be thinking they burned a certain amount of calories but didn't. The best way to tell is the heart rate monitor. Otherwise, as one instructor said after class "now go eat, but eat clean".

Love those instructors!
  • sukatx
    sukatx Posts: 103
    Options
    I <3 classes! I get bored doing the same workout over and over, and I feel lost when I get in the gym and work out on my own. And the classes are so much fun half the time I don't even realize I'm working out. It definitely doesn't feel like 60 minutes have gone by!
  • wanttolose40lbs
    wanttolose40lbs Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I love classes, I do Body Pump twice a week and extreme intervals twice a week. I find I work harder in a group setting, not as easy to slack off. I would love to do more classes, but that's all I can fit into my schedule
  • sarajeanelles
    sarajeanelles Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do spin 5 days a week and squeeze in weights 20 minutes before class, love it!
  • Melissa22G
    Melissa22G Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    Yep! If not lifting I take Zumba.
  • Lulufifi1994
    Lulufifi1994 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Did my first class today - starter Kettlebells. Definitely going to make it a regular thing! I was sweating and my legs were jelly by the end of it but the instructor helped me push myself past where I push myself in the gym while still being safe and not going too far. :D
  • spfldpam
    spfldpam Posts: 738 Member
    Options
    I just recently switched gyms due to this new one for me having classes and a couple pools and three locations in town. I love the aqua classes and have recently did a couple Dynamic classes and Team Gravity classes that use the gravity machines to work with. They are classes that usually cost extra but for the first 30 days I get them free so I am trying to do as many of those as I can right now. My body is still hurting from the two I took on the same day Tuesday of this week so I haven't done it again but hope to either Friday after work or Sat morning. I was getting bored with just the cardio machines or weight machines at Planet Fitness after going there for the past 6 months and needed something new. Granted I went from paying $10 at month at PF to $43 a month at Fit Club but I love it there. It is hard for me to decide to choose what to do! This is coming from someone who had never joined a gym or walked into a gym till Jan of 2013!!!
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I only go to the gym for weight training. I get my cardio outside.
  • shanniepk
    shanniepk Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Highly prefer outdoor bootcamp classes and trail runs. Love the fresh air, the sun and the rain!
  • _noob_
    _noob_ Posts: 3,306 Member
    Options
    my favorites were O Chem II, O chem II lab, instrumental chemical analysis, and biochem II.
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I am crazy about my Spinning classes :heart:
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I loved grad school. Gym classes? Not so much.
  • missveeoh
    missveeoh Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi !
    I love my zumba classes because I absolutely love dancing but I am starting to be open minded and try other ones like
    Body pump which is a basic barbell class. I hardly use the weights in the gym because its pretty crowded
    With guys and I tend to get shy so I avoid that section. Lol. Now Im into body combat so its mostly kickboxing with a bit of martial arts- it brings me back to my early years of karate :) now Im interested in boot camp (circuit training?)
    I'm a class enthusiast haha. I think it has helped me lose weight and stay in that focused zone (so I wont get bored of it )
  • fannyfrost
    fannyfrost Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I love Kickbox, Zumba, Pilates, Ballet Bootcamp and Yoga. Right now I can't get to Pilates or Yoga because of this whole work thing (somehow I have to pay for the gym).

I would love to take a bootcamp class, but not sure I could handle it. Bad Shoulder and bad knees. I may suck it and try one day.

Besides class I do lift.