New here, I truly hope it helps :)

Options
Finally got round to setting up an account, I have a long, hard journey ahead of me, but I'm finally ready to take it :) Good Luck to you all, feel free to add me if you would like extra support :)

Replies

• born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do know your BMR and TDEE. Don't really follow MFP in terms of what it tells you to eat unless you literally eat back your calories which can become difficult to accurately track.
  • MsMarlaMae
    MsMarlaMae Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I started in July 2011 with a hundred to lose. I'm down 80. It's a day at a time. I recommend to just start with the logging and staying under your calories. I found, for myself, that it was easier to focus on that before I started focusing on the gym. As that seemed like too much and I got overwhelmed.

No matter what you read or hear on here, my number 1 lesson is every bodies body is different. Figure out what works for you and do that. Don't quit cause you have a bad day, or even a bad moment. The next moment can be perfect!

Good luck to you!
  • vampchicx6x
    Options
    Thank you for your responses :) i know I'll never be stick thin and I dont want to be, my natural body is curvy so if i dont end up with a flat stomach, I wont be crying over it :) Im not visiting a gym mainly because A) its cheaper to exercise at home and B) I hate sweating in front of people, sounds mad but there you go lol

Not entirely sure what BMR and TDEE mean but im still getting used to the site :)
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    I've always worked out at home, I really get into the music so I like to let loose! :happy:
    good luck feel free to add me! I love supporting
  • Hunnib23
    Hunnib23 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Welcome! =) I work out at home to. I will say, I LOVE my fitness fam, and I am more addicted to MFP than some people are to FB. It can be easy to get overwhelmed in the beginning because everyone IS different and different things work for different people.
    Find what works for you and surround yourself on here with the people that will encourage, motivate and support you.

http://www.bmi-calculator.net/ is an awesome website that explains and calculates your body fat, bmi, bmr, tdee, all the acronyms. lol